Pimax Sept 16 News Update Speculation

I gotta admit Pimax is bold and futuristic going to wide fov.
The current hardware is not up to that sadly.

Yes yes IK if you wanna play to 90 HZ you can undersample the resolution to somethin that looks like 320x240px in 2D.
I’m really having to balance with the quality/fps even with the Index in the games like Skyrim or The Forest.
@sjefdeklerk knows what I’m talking about. :beer:

2 Likes

This is really starting to sound like Stockholm syndrome or is it the 5 stages of grief! We were hoping being nice and patient with them after they tricked us in to signing up with their promises on Kickstarter when they said most products were ready but just wanted to see what interest they would get, it hasn’t worked. So now we have complete silence from Pimax but a lot of people are still saying “be patient”, “is it me?”, “did I do something wrong?”

I’m sorry to say but they made bold promises which they are patently incapable of supplying. Its been 2 years yet there are still people here saying “soon they will show us some love”. Fortunately I only ordered an extra LH so I will buy an Index one to use with my 8K and sell my Vive and stop wasting my life waiting for this company to fulfil there part of the bargain. It’s a pity as I really like the 8K.

For God’s sake, there are 850 comments on this thread as to why there are no answers, don’t you all get it yet!

10 Likes

It’s a lifestyle, waiting for The God of sorts to surface.

3 Likes

It is how it went down unfortunately.

1 Like

That was being considered. We will probably know more on Monday.

Cause they booked my room until Tuesday.

1 Like

??? Lol what do you mean?

When the hurricane pushed things back it meant flights, hotel and other arrangements had to be rescheduled. It wasn’t as simple as people assumed.

4 Likes

You work for Pimax ?

2 Likes

Too many softies and pimax apologizers here

1 Like

I do and first hour backer as well. Hopping on a plane right now, unfortunately to L.A. due to prior commitments. I was so excited to go to Florida so I was disappointed as you all were that things got delayed. So about to go dark as I board (something I know we are all used to). I can tell you that Kevin has been working very hard and unfortunately unable to come on here and make updates. When he gets a free moment he does pop in. If he hasn’t it means his hands are full. I can tell you that “how does this effect the backers” is always the first thing asked even though it doesn’t always feel this way. … and, before you ask, I only know about 35% of what will be announced and of course I can’t say anything… yes it’s killing me.

16 Likes

Well ok then , maybe we will hear something Monday .

3 Likes

Well here we go.

#1. It’s not that I dislike PimaxUSA. In truth in person he’s not as seen here. Sure he has misconceptions of many here. What I dislike is how he treats folks here & often how he seems to change rules to suit him. He is simply out of his depth trying to wear a hat that does not fit. As such he tries too hard & loses control when his preamble fails to yeild the desired result.

#2. I am about neutrality in fairness. Only in an occasion or 2 have I used a ridiculous situation here & there.

Sisense & Console examples are quite relevant. Sisense due to the fact a simple Refund without interest is insulting; they sold pre orders right after KS closed. Consoles only recently marketed new upgraded versions of systems as new models. In the past most wouldn’t know that newer versions werw often minor upgrades(ie nanometer process) but with some features removed & cooling fans often removed(ps3 slim 4 example). Trying to be balanced & fair is part of who I am. Pimax has both my disdain(Controllers comes to mind) for blatant failures in their word. & my support because I can see the otherside - But failing to communicate earns more of my irritation than anything else. Especially allowing one to speak on for them who stumbles on themself & uses Strong arm tactics to win disagreements.

#3. This one is earned as I know first hand they are capable & would have better support with the community if they didn’t underestimate & over hype dates. & communicate; folks would be more understanding. Sure things like Valve they might not be able to disclose things out right. But things like Hand Module (dead module now imho - Should have been released long ago) and Deluxe Headstrap & controllers were within their ability to offer updates. Hasn’t helped how many times pimaxusa leaked demos on controllers that 9/10 never bared fruit in happening.

#4. Thank you. Though with this vote of confidence :wink: would hope you can see I often know things that cannot always share sources due to keeping confidencial sources as could get some in trouble.

#5. This I have no doubt as you are a decent fellow from what I have observed. As are the majority here. I do wish more here would link up in Steam & such to enjoy games together & more.

I do believe pimax can do well if they stop hindering themselves & yes I am thoroughly disappointed they haven’t posted a rescheduled Anouncement day & at least released a new pitool as it holds no real baring on the upcoming announcement.

11 Likes

Agreed. While I understand maybe not a refund as it was a KS purchase but a credit for sure. Not that they have been good with any coupons/credits being issued. ($100 Wireless Coupon & $100 8k to 5k+ switch). :disappointed:

3 Likes

Indeed. Sense controllers might be as compatible as Valve Index Controllers.

I suspect this is why Nonsense Controller is being made; that & how well would Index Controllers work in an Arcade setting if they need to calibtate to a user’s hands before finger tracking works well?

3 Likes

He’s been a member of this community long before 8k & pimax KS were a thought.

1 Like

I’d like to use all my vouchers to put the towards their new 8k if it’s any good .

4 Likes

I totally understand how you feel. Hopefully after Monday Pimax can build its PR department.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t call it hacks. As then WMR, Razer Hydra & Logitech pen?(Steamvr) & Oculus Controller/headset support in Steamvr are all hacks.

OpenXR should help fix a lot of things but Index Controllers & pimax sense controllers are likely to work a bit on the outside.

Index Controllers are already proving not so backward compatible.

1 Like

If through some insanity you were offered a PR position, @Heliosurge, make sure you get paid per word! Your post count is utterly absurd.

3 Likes