Pimax Sept 16 News Update Speculation

I have no grudge against Pimax, I simply don’t care. If they send me the controllers&bases it’s good, if not, life goes on. The Pimax headset didn’t work for me, my PC is not powerful enough to run it up to my specs, rather have a slightly smaller FOV with a working software and ecosystem.

5 Likes

Agreed there is no rational reason not to give reasonable updates on status of things where things are. Even worst when they shoot themselves in the foot dangling carrots of tomorrow.

5 Likes

And, if there’s any truth to Valve reneging on a contract, then Pimax should have no problem just giving people their money back if they want it, right?

5 Likes

It is simple truth. Read up on things. HTC was affected when Valve changed the deal. LHes were said to be cheaper to make & would be sold to oems for $59us. Yet a v2.0 LH sells for…

HTC forums exploded when pre orders & non pre orders couldn’t buy LH v2.0 individually.

Pimax said their order was locked after it was placed just after the KS. These details paint the truth. Valve altered the deal due to having the advantage in the contract to do so.

Some kind of Controllers being ready is 80% on Pimax to a %100. LHes is on both Pimax for not having an ironclad contract & on Valve for wiggling out of their deals.

2 Likes

There is if you bothered to follow the crumbs from start to finish.

Why else do you think HTC Cosmos doesn’t come with the SteamVR tracking out of the box?

1 Like

Pimax says a lot of things. I don’t care anymore.

I don’t care if I ever see the controllers or the stretch goals, just give me my money for the Light Houses back and I will call it good.

Package or individual add on?

Individual addon was $75ea. Otherwise it’s likely something like $50 to $60 ea. If they did do a credit.

Do you speak for the company, Helio?

Your not that thick. You know I don’t as I do not get paid by them. Simple math.

Valve v2.0 LH price $150US ea.

3 Likes

I don’t know anything of the kind. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Maybe he is THICC

1 Like

I would love to get a refund on the 3 basestations from my 2 pledges.
I had v1 already. Wanted the v2 but got so tired of waiting bought an index full kit.
Also the hand tracker has taken so long, i dont even care about it anymore
I think many others would take refunds now as most have had to source basestations elsewhere already.

I would still like to get the controllers even if they turn out to be crap, theyre worth a gamble for the price

2 Likes

Helio, in all seriousness, here is what I know about you…

1. You don’t like PimaxUSA anymore than we do because you will take the opportunity to poke holes in the ridiculous things he says whenever you get the chance.
  2. You are overly preoccupied with ‘fairness’ because you will go to extreme lengths with the false equivalencies that you often create.
  3. You strongly want Pimax to succeed because of the lengths you will go to carry water for them when they truly do not deserve your loyalty.
  4. In other conversations (including Discord), you come off as a very reasonable guy who was has an objective understanding of how the world works.
  5. We could likely have a beer together and be friends in RL.

Everything else, I have no clue. :wink:

9 Likes

I’m in, who else!???

6 Likes

Yes the basestations are problematic since theyre 3rd party major player

1 Like

I tried to get a refund on the 10 meter cable because it was a purchased accessory and was told that I could not because I purchased it during the Kickstarter campaign .

3 Likes

I would just like to see a working prototype of the controllers so we know they are nearly finished .

3 Likes

Ok, I am not a backer, but (again) I have listed the reasons why not several times. I wouldnt be so active on the forum if I didn’t eventually want to invest.

Pimax is developing their controllers, though I do feel that for the impatient maybe they should just offer a refund in the amount of lighthouses and controllers to backers who cant wait.

The thing I’m amazed at is the contrast between the relatively vocal bigger number of people who have HMDS but not the controllers or LH voicing grievances, compared to the relatively few folks complaining who have recieved no HMD at all as of yet.

8K-X backers, folks awaiting their loaners, folks on support tickets, and KS folks who were bumped for pre orders.

The fact that those folks have remained So Silent is incredible.

I never said you guys weren’t entitled to being upset, but just to realize the product that you do have in hand given your investment.

The current headsets it’s true are $800 for a complete package, but you aren’t getting half the hardware or fov that is offered on pimax, and considering the next level up costs multiple thousands of dollars, even if you feel like you’re being ripped off, you’re actually getting away with a steal.

1 Like

Thats why i never asked.
I understood that ks is only refundable if they chose to do so.
Was thinking it might be an easy way out for pimax to do that & get some backers off of their backs, if they really can’t get them easily or at a good price.

3 Likes

Yes they are supposedly. Now does the Steam support it? Even the Index controllers support is broken in many games. Arizona sunshine and The Forest works with the index controllers now. And thats because ( I think) of the Valve pressure to the devs.

4 Likes