Pimax Roadshow-Second stop: Yullbe Wunderland

I don’t think HP would go lighthouse. I don’t think Valve will go lighthouse with Deckard.

If I was HP I would not want to go against Deckard and Deckard is going to be a Steamdeck X86 PC based HMD.

HP have an open goal for a XR2 based PCVR HMD that can come in for under 1k. A Pico4 Enterprise spec but with display port and higher res to take advantage of PCVR.

With “luck”, maybe the eyestrain issue could be resolved with a modification to the frame the lens sits in (… which could perhaps even be done by milling a flange a bit deeper in the existing injection moulding tool, rather than making a new one), or even better: Getting that (EDIT: …by appearance…) reneged-on diopter adjustability in there, after all.

If the issue is more complicated, and the lens profile needs to be redone - that sounds a bit more involved, to me. (EDIT: The profile curve of the actual physical lens, that is - not just the software compensation “profile”.)

I think it’s more complicated. When you have eye tracking involved it’s a world of hurt.

Maybe build in a diopter adjustment will help with the problems?

HP said months ago that there wont be a G3 and they’re probably getting out of the VR branch.

its proly the megane x micro oled hmd its suposed to launch in december in US and Japan

1 Like

This is my candidate for a small portable second HMD.

1 Like

I actually now think it could be Lenovo ThinkVRX

Now you have almost the whole line through. Apple, HTC, Valve, Meta, HP, Pico. Now also Lenovo?
Yes, the last Lenovos were already the crown of VR creation. Unbeatable in the lowest segment. xD

Now you could throw Samsung and Acer into the race. Maybe they want to go back into the market.

1 Like

Lol, just looking at the MRTV vid Seb says it’s a dedicated PCVR headset which would dismiss the Lenovo.

1 Like

Would be funny if it was actually Varjo launching Aero 2.

edit - Having received more recent facts, I retract my previous statement.

Every single part of that post is utter BS, apart from the fact that you do keep repeating this nonsense.

HP have left the VR space, that has been communicated.

I‘m pretty sure it’s either the HTC Flocus that has been leaked or the Megane X that MRTV is alluding to. The latter looks interesting, an HTC product on the other hand I wouldn’t purchase again.

1 Like

The MeganeX has been said to be due year end, so I’m betting it’s indeed that one.

1 Like

Yeah, I recently had started to doubt Sebastian but this video seemed very honest indeed. He gave credit were credit was due and gave his criticism when he felt it was needed, even though Josh and Sweviver tried to silence him. Very good work from Sebastian.

5 Likes

That sounds like the death knell then for wmr unless MS maybe makes there next own hmd.

No G3, and not a headset that I believe would interest you guys. More of an entry level device.

10 Likes

Hello

Goodnight all

On December 7, 2022 I’m going to Paris where I was born to go to the #Pimax Roadshow with a friend who is passionate about VR like me, especially on simulators like / Il2 Bos / Dcs world / Mfs 2020 / Cracking.
I’m myopic too so I’m going to see this famous crystal and the 35Ppd lenses for the simulation and if I notice the same problems as #Sebastian from #MRTV.

I will give you a very detailed account.

aplushhhss /Laurent/Lolof1

8 Likes

Arguably, for the myopic it is a feature - not a bug… :7

1 Like