Pimax Roadshow-Second stop: Yullbe Wunderland

dude, the focus 3 is not the crystals rival idk why u keep repeating this lol!? the varjo aero is the crystals rival.

6 Likes

Aero isn’t a stand-alone. Aero does not have a battery or controllers or the XR2 chip. Aero has no stand-alone store. Aero is not priced to compete.

Vive Focus is a stand-alone. Focus has a battery and controllers that work. It has the XR2 chip. It has an established stand-alone store. It’s not a prototype it’s in the shops where Business enterprise and consumers can buy it.

Crystal is a non functioning stand-alone with controllers that don’t work, eye tracking that doesn’t work, a cable that doesn’t work, lenses that are not finished all with no ETA and no established store to buy games from.

If you put the Focus 3 and Crystal in front of some one as of today and ask which they want to buy who in their right mind picks Crystal?

This is the difference between reality and hypothetical arguments. Until Crystal goes on sale it’s not a rival to anyone.

3 Likes

Crystal is primarily a PCVR HMD. Standalone is an extra so that you don’t have to rely on the PC if necessary. In that respect, the Aero is correct.

3 Likes

Your Right in that the Aero is not designed with a standalone feature and does not have controllers.

Which makes the Crystal an upgraded Aero competitor with more features and an option to use higher ppd lenses with lense swap out mmmand priced much lower as a complete VR system.

The Vive Focus 3 is not a good comparison as a competitor as it has considerably lower ppd.

So yes Aero is the target space.

If the person is cost conscience and on a budget? Vive Focus. If the person is a hard core simmer snd the like with a high budget then the Crystal. For these products 2 very different markets even though some features overlap.

True of any product. Next Year’s Ford Mustang is not competing with anyone until release. But yet it is already competing for consumer’s eye whom want the next mustang over a Chevy. cobalt.

5 Likes

What if Varjo drops the Aero price to ÂŁ1300? What if HTC brings out Focus 4 with 4k panels and pancake lenses? What if Valve release the Index 2?

Crystal is still a prototype and 9 out of 10 features are what ifs. Lenses, cable, WiFi, controllers, audio, comfort, store, battery life, eye tracking v off the shelf QLED.

It down to Pimax to bring a rival to already established products it’s not a case of Aero and Focus 3 being a rival to a unreleased headset. Until it’s released there is no Crystal.

2 Likes

Help Pimax, why haven’t you finished the crystal yet?! Do we really have to listen to this every day, hour after hour, for the next few months?!

But until then you will continue to spend your complete lifetime educating everyone about the things that everyone here sees for themselves. :joy:

1 Like

why do you think the pimax roadshows have had an aero and a crystal side by side for comparison? there’s no focus 3 there lol!

why do you think many user feedbacks have been saying it’s a choice between an aero and a crystal when it comes to their next purchase? literally no one has said they are buying an crystal or focus 3 lol!

so “20 people” are wrong and you are right? if you truly believe this then you have no insight.

5 Likes

Hehe yeah literally the only one talking about the focus 3 is atmos. And I disagree that HTC has a good name a lot or people, including me, think HTC has made bad headsets ever since their first one. No one cares about the focus 3. Let it go atmos

5 Likes

What if I find a Djinn Lamp? What if doesn’ t become anything unless it becomes something. The Crystal may need work but it is coming and the other What ifs are nowhere in sight at this time.

Much like the idea Vrgineers had proposed making a consumer Xtal model that never moved Forward. VRgineers did indeed go and build there own 8k Xtal after trying Pimax’s 8kX and Marek was impressed by the 8kX. So pimax is indeed influencing flow.

Much like I disagree with @mmorselli thinking Pimax can only Survive making $2000 hmds. When it is proven otherwise the Artisan and 5k models would not have been there Best Sellers. Pimax high priced hmds are much lower than the much Higher priced Enthusiast hmds that more Target commercial Enterprise markets like Varjo and Vrgineers. Whom due to planned low volume production need a much higher price and even for there top models want a Subscription unless you pay even more up front.

1 Like

Well tbh we wouldn’t need to if pimax doesn’t take months more to complete and release the Crystal & of course the 12k. Both of Which atm are extremely unlikely before the end of December. Even if the Crystal Releases before the end of December it is very unlikely any will be in hands of a consumer before next year.

2 Likes

Take another look. The feedback is mostly positive save the Controllers and things like Standalone being mia(which was said yo br not ready on launch)

:rofl:That’s easy. It is because pimax knows the Crystal anf Aero would be blown away by the Vive Focus. Neither of these 2 headsets would even compare well against Google Cardboard.

At least Nintendo Labo was retail.

I briefly had the thought earlier that Atmos actually works for Pimax. :rofl: He has the difficult task of preparing us for actual, possible and possible, albeit improbable, errors. A very perfidious form of brainwashing, so to speak.

But then I woke up again. Atmos, get out of my daydreams! :joy:

If I worked for Pimax you would love me. No doubt.

@Heliosurge
Hey, mate. Can you, please, do something about these roadshow-threads. I thought the purpose of them to be for impressions from actual visitors. Every time I check the computer it’ll be like “oh, cool, 15 new posts, I wonder what they thought about the crystal” But, noooo, pretty much everyone of these first, second, third and forth stop-threads are bombarded by the same forum regulars that just regurgitate their guesstimations on everyone of them. It’s pretty fkn annoying.
The short version: Please make a dedicated impressions-thread.

5 Likes

So was the horrendous Virtual Boy see the world in the glory of monochrome Red. :wink:

We got the impressions. This is the after party.

Nah he is just a pimax fan that adds needed contrast and distraction til pimax finally releases there all to often late products due to them still underestimating Development time.

Pimax is not one to be fashionably late with there projections. There more often just late. However when they do finally release something(good) it is more often that good but still needs some polish. But like other companies they do release somethings like the ET long before it ever should hsve been