Pimax Progress Report_0722

They’re throwing crumbs to the crowd thinking they can deflect from the real components everyone is waiting for.

5 Likes

@anon74848233
This HMD should not have come with the cloth head strap, Is should only have the DAS, maybe for the Initial Release, but now ONLY the DAS, it supposed to be a high end HMD
and cost to much to be sold with a cheap strap, it looks like a cheap Chinese piece of crap at the moment with all the problems the HMD has. GET RID OF THE CLOTH STRAP, and make the DAS.

14 Likes

This goes to show you how long it will be (2020?) before the real DAS is finally released. In the mean time they are “showing progress” by releasing a “better iteration” of a very cheap head strap “temp” solution :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

This can be done through the support page. For added peace of mind you can also send a pm to @anon74848233 & @Matthew.Xu (send 1 pm with both members invited). If you need help on forum end I can assist you; just be sure to use the support page as main.

1 Like

If they keep with Removable Audio on Pi DAS with Stl/obj files should be able to change audio type as needed. And/or 3rdparty and/or pimax can sell different audio solutions for their DAS. Have seen Mantis earphones available for PSVR.

While most of us likely have dedicated spaces. Some may need an on ear solution due to others not wanting to hear our game play.

Granted @Frc I believe has backed a really cool head phones that may make Off ear seam weak.

1 Like

I’m helping a developer demo their game with several pimaxs next month at a conference, I really wish some of these pieces would be available by then but I’m not holding my breath. Having several pieces of foam taped together isnt really a good look.

4 Likes

Why is it so difficult to clearly state if or of not backers will receive the long needed improved face mask as part of the bundle? Since it’s a necessity more than a simple improvement I think that’s the way it should be, but Who knows. This is Pimax textbook unneccesary way of communication, leaving people with more? than!

4 Likes

An extra face mask was one of the stretch goals, so all the backers should get one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset

6 Likes

Let’s not confuse face mask with face pad/cushion. I’m talking about the new mask/bracket that puts the HMD in a better position. Apart of that this new design may enable to use the frame and future eye tracker simultaniously if I understand correctly

1 Like

It would be great to be able to order these parts on AliExpress.

4 Likes

Ah, sorry, I didn’t realize we were discussing 2 different things.

Excuse me, but WTF are you thinking, Pimax?!

Is this what you’re spending time one? A CLOTH head strap? Where is the deluxe headstrap, with built-in audio?

16 Likes

That they are optimizing basic parts is normal and should not be mistaken as there top edge technical work- it’s good and normal.

What makes it seem sooooooo off is that about the so much anticipated parts we learn nothing - this kind of communication mistakes should be sorted out by now, especially since it’s easygoing doing that

Even just some video showing them use the base stations and or controllers or the leap motion or what ever and some technical talk would be fine for me, maybe stating what they are working on … but all that has been said so many times …

6 Likes

The many updates don’t effect the big ticket items. In some cases they are actually part of them. A lot of parts you must continually build during the regular course of production and we incorporate improvements from feedback and testing.

4 Likes

You can submit a ticket in helpdesk to change your address info, and my colleague will respond you soon.

Here is the link of the help desk:

3 Likes

Then listen to feedback, Get rid of the cloth strap and fit the DAS. A HMD at this price which is touting its self as a high end VR HMD should not be coming with a cloth strap.

15 Likes

I don’t mind the cloth headstrap and prefer it over the Odyssey‘s - especially since I like using my own headset, but at least the status quo of the DAS would have helped.
It’s sad that the actually good improvements shown here always drown in the upset moods since the parts most wait for are left in the dark.

7 Likes

The cloth head strap should be the second option to the buyer, not the first. HMD should come with the DAS as standard.

2 Likes

I could agree with that ( like I said I don’t mind a working solution, the cloth, it works for me, Odyssey’s and Visors gave me more headaches) since I understand the needs for the DAS, still it’s good that they iterated on the existing parts. And I am sure if they ALSO stated on the DAS and showed the status on that or announced it you would not be so wound up about the cloth => @pimax please inform us!.

1 Like

I appreciate this is a personal thing, but I’m waiting for an improved head strap (don’t care what it is made of, as long as it is effective) + face foam.

However I do NOT want an integrated headphone system along with that (guessing that would be a DAS). So there must be options to suit different people, thx :slight_smile:

2 Likes