Pimax Progress Report_0722

Judging from the pic, yes. Also they made the eye piece vertically wider.

3 Likes

Any news about audio straps?

5 Likes

Nice move, now itā€™s more clear that we can use HTC Viveā€™s spare parts. No kidding, I love standards, Iā€™m using an HTC Vive VRCover from day one and Iā€™m very satisfied, now with the same nose part is just perfect

3 Likes

We will not solve these stuff in the forum, please create a ticket at the help desk. Your request will be responded and handled quickly there.

We could reimbursement the cost of delivery by your Paypal account, and please also help provide us the soft copy of the delivery invoice.

4 Likes

Fantastic news Bro :slight_smile:
Canā€™t wait to try those, thank you !!!

4 Likes

Thank you. @Jean-Mehdi

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the update, Dallas!

Will you supply new mask bracket to KS backers?

Is the old mask bracket is compartible with the new face foam?

Will there be different thikness face foams?

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, but I must say that it is disappointing to hear news of a new cloth strap with no update on the rigid audiostrap that was promised as part of the kickstarter. I do hope that news of that is coming very soon

13 Likes

Indeed!

Whilst I very much appreciate designs and specs being iterated and improved on a continuous basis (two thumbs up on that, guys!), the fact that time is being spent on this soft strap update, can only mean that the rigid one will forever be an optional accessory, rather than replacing the soft ā€œstopgap solutionā€ on all new units going forward, which is unfortunate.

Kind of curious how the new cowl/bracket will turn out for everybody - more room is always nice, but some of us were already way too far away from the lenses with the old one, and a deeper one will also shift the weight of the HMD forward (also curious how far the corrective lens frames and eye-tracking inserts will ā€œforceā€ us out, away from the optimal sweet spot, on the z axis).

One can hope an assortment of pad thicknesses may help deal with these matters, but frankly; The question of whether a canted construction wasnā€™t always very likely to outright require a mechanism for adjusting eye relief, along with the IPD dial, was raised a good while before product was finally beginning to ship.

I donā€™t know - a comprehensive set of different rigid cowls to swap between could be a good sturdy solution for fitting to different face shapes, without needing to add any mechanical solution that adds weight, bulk, and points of failure, but just how many variants would one need (EDIT: ā€¦taking into account not only face width, and eye depth, but also difference in prominence between brow and cheeks causing HMD tilt)ā€¦

7 Likes

Itā€™s a joke or not OK for the nose pad cool and important but we need a real face cushion who can stay with the headset and not scratch all of time and real headstrap for me the headstrap is less important than nose pad and face cushion more efficient and without lens passage for more efficience. Ty all

1 Like

Itā€™s really good news. Cause now the first love is gone and my 5k+ is just colecting dusts. Ok make these things, then controlers and let me know when itā€™s available to buy.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, but you could said that in all emails that i sent to you. And supposedly i was dealing this with @Sean.Huang . but after some emails I didnā€™t receive any more answers.

What its soft copy of delivery invoice? i sent you the headset and sent you a photo of the invoice in email months ago. @Sean.Huang

Anyway i will create a ticket at the help desk . but its possible to use this money and add to the 100$ to buy the mask bracket and nose pad?

thanks

Why has a new cloth strap been developed? Why not just focus on the rigid / audio strap?

Anyway, who will be getting these parts included in their original purchase exactly? I am a day one pre order buyer. I believe we were promised some of this stuff too right?

11 Likes

Me too. Iā€™m pretty sure we were ā€œonlyā€ promised the rigid headstrap (thereā€™s a forum post about it somewhere) and three pieces of software.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing some of what youā€™ve been working on lately!

2 Likes

What about the 3 pieces of content, prescription inserts, DAS, fans, eye tracking?

While Iā€™m glad you are showing faces foams (of course with no clear time frame) this company continues to BS backers with no real info on these stretch goals. We will be lucky if we ever get these.

7 Likes

Is there any way we can change the address that is listed on our accounts? My address has been changed recently.

2 Likes

@anon74848233

Thatā€™s all well and nice!

Has the case of the Pimax finally been improved?
The case has top priority !!!
Every really EVERY case gets small cracks!
Itā€™s absolutely sickening! I got three Pimax 5k, every Pimax has cracks! The body is and remains scrap if they do not change it!

The material of the case is VERY VERY BAD!
Iā€™m very angry because I paid Pimax for about $ 1300 and I get a pimax with cracks! That is not axeptabel!

You have to improve the case! The technique is good, but the body is bad! There are even cracks in the front!

What about the controllers?
What about the Leap Motion Module?

Dear Pimax Team

THAT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THIS! :frowning:

7 Likes

Sry but Cloth Headstrap feel like the last thing you should put any time in, 1 controllers, 2 Lighthouses, 3 DAS prefly 2 version one cheaper like HTC DAS and a DAS+ thats more like Valve Index with open ear headphones that then will be more expensive, 4 Wirless headset.

10 Likes

Glad to hear that backers will see those things eventually.

Iā€™m especially glad to see the face mask improvement, not only for the VR frame insert, but also for the eye tracking modules (I was already forced to put contact lenses to play if I didnā€™t want my glasses to scratch the headset lenses).

Thanks for the news.

2 Likes