Pimax PC Client Beta

can confirm this was happening to me. you have to just wait a little while longer for the super to connect than normal.

Thatā€™s fine you can disagree.

1 Like

What are you referencing? You didnā€™t use quotes so Iā€™m not sure what you mean.

Still waiting on a Pimax firmware thatā€™s not a beta. Itā€™s been 5 years.:flushed:

3 Likes

I also can report sound issues on some applications.
@philpw99 chimes ? this could be a steam error or your device disconnecting
via displayport.
Hard to say from here.On my end (im back to pitool beta (the new one) now.It did generate steam errors now starting games.
(it does start and work, but it dadang ! s everytime, and i have not found out how to fix this, or why i should do a hmd setup everytime i start pitool, that works also if i ignore this)

I was replying to the comment immediately before mine.

Not a steam or steamvr error, because they were not even running at the time.
It sounds like some devices got disconnected and reconnected. So maybe itā€™s just the USB device in the headset.
I donā€™t have any problem in starting steamvr programs.

1 Like

Is this an apps store of sorts?

2 Likes

I have a question:

Will this software be mandatory in the future to use my 8KX?
In this case, will it be mandatory to be logged in?
I would hate to have to be logged in. That is the reason why I am not interested in Meta or Pico, and if it is the case in the new Pimax HMDs. Please donā€™t force me to log in to use my 8KX.

3 Likes

In theory there should be a way to log in offline. In early clients I had tested did have an odd when it logged me in but didnā€™t as none of my online account info was displayed. Seemed to be almost like a null user.

Easy test would be to take your pc offline and test the client launch.

Well when you use the word ā€œmainlyā€, I would say no. While i spend a few minutes buying and downloading games now and then, I spend the vast majority of time using the service to launch my games. So for me, Steam is a platform I ā€œmainlyā€ use to launch my games from (like daily). The vast majority of which do not need the service to be online to play.

2 Likes

Exactly. The Client or at least the ability to adjust settings needs to be available offline.

Steam only needs to be Online to buy/activate a game. It does not need yo be online to access content.

STEAM needs to be online or using its online web browser services through a internet connected device, there a quite few services it provides offline.

STEAM simply requires a credential login and then some offline services are THEN available. GOG does support nearly completely offline mode outside of needing to download games in question.

Your 8KX works just fine now without it, I donā€™t see how they could block that unless something breaks with SteamVR compatibility and the only option is to upgrade to the latest version that comes with Pimax Client. For now they are still released pitool updates so I guess theyā€™ll keep pitool as its own separate option for those that want it?

Does pimax client need to be online to be used?

Steam you need to be online to login initially and then you can use it offline. I havenā€™t tested but if you log into pimax client and then go offline, and restart your pc still offline, does it stop working or does it still work?

Not at my pc to test unfortunately until this weekend so hopefully someone else can check.

So then you understand peopleā€™s concern if pimax client needs to be online to login to do simple things like changing pitool settings or launching games from the client.

Pimax needs to ensure the headset driver and settings are not unavailable if one is offline.

1 Like

Have you checked if it doesnā€™t work offline after logging in? I think Iā€™ve asked a few times but no one has confirmed. Itā€™s killing me to know but not at home to check.

I havenā€™t had a chance to install the newest client version yet.

In truth there should be an option implemented to skip sign up/logon.

A couple of client versions back likely due to me installing over previous client it seemed to have a null account logged in. Til I chose signout and sign in.

If they discontinue PiTool then yes, there should be an option to skip the sign up/Login but if pitool co-exists and gets updated then I donā€™t see why they should when people can just use pitool instead.

I bet they will not support two software mainlines and waste resources.

I startet testing in initial phase, there I had been forced to be online. That was a no go, I reported and ended my testing immediately. Never heard back from them though.
There are two aspects, internet connection not always granted, and user wishes to use it offline in general, like me, regardles of any store front features or company interests. Like Facebook, they will learn it the hard way. This is still consumer stuff, not industrial services, where forced online may be acceptable. (even if it is at the edge of enthusiast level)
They will lose me as a a customer even with another attempt, seriously.

1 Like