Pimax PC Client Beta

Pimax PC Client

We are appreciate for all of your support towards next-generation VR devices and our Pimax Team over the years. We are pleased to announce that the our new Pimax PC Client Beta is now available!

We collaborate with numerous talented developers and teams who bring new and appealing VR products to market on a daily basis.

The new Pimax PC Client integrates our Pitool capabilities as well as account functions and our NEW Software Store. This store serves as a platform for many intriguing future items.

As is always the experience with beta software, your feedback is important for us to enhance this new application.

Patch Notes :

• Enable to purchaseundefined download and launch games.

• Supports Paypal password-free payment and Paypal web payment

• Access to game’s review and comment section.

• Supports Wishlist command.

• Integrated Pitool

Yours sincerely,
The Pimax Team

11 Likes

Any advice is appreciated.
Leave a comment and stand a chance to win the Wandering In Space CD Key!

4 Likes

Cool.

If I understand this correctly, this isn’t just a successor to PiTool but is also a front end for a software shop?

I imagine there will be a similar software suite on the Reality HMDs in standalone mode?

Looking forward to hearing first impressions from users with this software on their current Pimax HMD.

3 Likes

Exciting stuff! Will this be the same store as the standalone headset? As in will it be the same account with purchases showing/possible on both? Downloading it now, will provide feedback soon!

3 Likes

The new layout will take a little getting used to, but I certainly like the new look, at least it finally has a ‘dark mode’ which is a little more merciful on the eye :smile:.

2 Likes

Hmm i am interested in installing this :slight_smile: lets habl e a look at it.
is it aviced to deinstall the pitool first ?

4 Likes

That sounds interesting.
@MeinFroschtrinkt, the Pitool is automatically uninstalled as it looks

4 Likes

Is Pimax Experience also included in the software? Or is that a separate download?

3 Likes

Still need to test. But have been told the auto forced firmware updates is no longer ab issue. That it should just inform there is an update available.

3 Likes

looks good so far. everything was recognized and the settings are still there.
The Pimax Experience is still there

7 Likes

It’s included.

I’ve tested it myself just now with a 8KX, and all OK :slight_smile:

I like the dark theme of the software, it looks better than the PiTool.

5 Likes

Went through it all, will send you both (@PimaxQuorra and @hammerhead_gal ) a PM with my feedback. I think this is a huge improvement overall, great work!

3 Likes

All is working great here !

2 Likes

Just installed it and ran it. The setting of headsets are restored to default, so problems with DeoVR in the beginning ( 40fps), then after making the changes it runs smoothly again (100+fps).
Overall I love the ambition of what Pimax is going. Establish your own store and skip the SteamVR is a pretty bold move.
However, I humbly request the support of gamepad or xbox controller. Not everyone is using lighthouse. I am still stick to the 9-axis tracking and a gamepad.

3 Likes

So how do i get back into the pimax expirience ? im now in the “old” pimax vr world without the interaction.
sure i can run games from the new version of pitool, but i got profiles on games in the “expirience” whick i can not acess now, or at least , can somebody tell me how to set that up again ?

Did mess around with different versions of the pitool software.To set it up again, but did not work out.
So returning to the old software, with higher comfort and pixel density, for the moment.

overwriting stuff with the setup lead to using the old pitool with the expirience in the new dark theme :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is more dependent on the vr title Developers whether they have support for non vr controllers. But know your pain as have been there before.

2 Likes

@MeinFroschtrinkt :

you get to the pimax experience by clicking on the glasses in the bottom left (must be active), then on the settings wheel in the top right. then you have the old pitool settings

5 Likes

Thank you, typically me thinking in numbers i oversee the obious :joy::sweat_smile:

GUI FTW !

3 Likes

Interestingly for me only the refresh rate and FOV were set to default. My brightness, colour, contrast etc were saved.

3 Likes

WOW Thank you SmallBaguette !!
Appreciate your works. I 've forwarded your feedback to the team

2 Likes