Pimax PC Client Beta

It‘s a game store integrated Pitool

Yes ,there will be

3 Likes
  1. Please add Viveport support. This is not optional.
  2. Oculus games have no graphics
  3. Oculus games are not using the actual game name, but instead they are using some kind of code name. This makes it very hard to search.

For example “Asgards Wrath” is called “sanzaru games Inc wrath”

3 Likes

I think Pimax PC Client is a better name than Pitool, that sound like a tool for engineer wanting to tweak a headset, that even remplaced PiPlay that sounded better for gaming ^^
And dark theme color also.
:+1:

5 Likes

Just to add to my comment

Viveport are a major source of games that need to show up here. and the functionality is already in Pimax Experience

Also the oculus searching by Name is also already in Pimax Experience

Just lift the code from there. @SweViver did an amazing job adding this.

It would be a shame for the new Pimax Client to not fix two of the largest gripes I have had with Pitool since day 1.

2 Likes

Another Voice for Viveport, i also use this for years :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

True. I didn’t change the color, so from my point of view, tracking method, the refresh rate and FOV changes were like a total restore of settings.

1 Like

DON’T INSTALL YET!
didnt work for me, just crashed my computer spectacularly! headset wouldnt come on just green lights and pc froze, opened a hundred copies of explorer.exe and I had to Hard reset and uninstall. sticking with pitool for now
AMD 6900xt
i9 9900K
32GB Ram
Windows 10 10.0.19043
motherboard ROG maxiumus hero XI

1 Like

What are your system specs? Please include make of motherboard and gpu. Just on the unlikely chance it might be related to a brand.

I have tested earlier versions of the client without any hard crashes. Only issue I was mainly having was there forced firmware updates causing issues due to poor firnware testing and not fixing previously reported issues.

Thankfully it seems there finally listening to the 3+ years of requests to not force fw updates and to only notify.

1 Like

Quite right, I added specs to the post.

1 Like

Okay,i had this also now.

I need to disable auto start in de settings in the pimax client beta and then its okay i think…
I am on a rtx3090,i9900k,windows 10

Also it takes longer to boot up the headset,pitool was quiker !

1 Like

so does the new client work for you? even though it’s slower.

Yes it works,but i need to turn off auto start

Tbf, it is a beta so the only reason to be downloading it now is to be testing it. If it’s causing issues just uninstall it, and reinstall pitool and then install the client again at a later date when it’s no longer in beta.

That said, if you want to test, then I’m sure there are useful logs that can be garnered from your system to help fix the issues faster which is the major benefit of a public beta.

3 Likes

3090ti and 5900x just tried it out and haven’t seen any issues so far. Looks good!

1 Like

Hi RBMeater: Sorry for the bad experience.
Auto start cause the problem. The team comfirm that will be fixed at next vertion.

3 Likes

I also got some minor problems here an there in using different software.
after 2 or 3 restarts they work.

Overall a better design !
Want to it test some more.

suggestion : Integrate setup picture from blau.tv as for ipd setup.

Then everything should be includet, i do unterstand, that the Pimax logo had its place there.But tbh going to the expirience and beta client you could simply remove the routine to load that picture.
Or give the user its personal splash screen, you also got options.
This is all part of a process and i do love that on this brand, you can set the hmd like you want it, its awsome, dont get me wrong ! :+1::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

I’ve been using the Client for this couple of days, and I noticed that the IPD offset values I had for avoid the eye strain are no longer valid (until now I was running lastest PiTool).

After configure it again, now I can play without any problem, but the offset values are totally different. So it’s better for everyone to check that when use this new software :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any chance you noticed what the difference was between the numbers? Is the Client closer to actual IPD numbers or such. Thanks!

1 Like

That should have been detailed in release notes :man_facepalming: @PimaxQuorra can you look into the team providing more complete release notes? Changes should be detailed like changes to ipd values, fixes and things like removing forced firmware updates and what bugs were fixed.

4 Likes

Hello Dan.

Sure, I have gathered all the feedback on this thread and forwarded to developer.

The release notes will be in more detailed way on the next patch.

2 Likes