Pimax NOW TLDR Summary Page & Aftershow Q&A Summary

Brilliant. Can I add it to my pre-order or should I purchase separately?

Also, will preorders have an opportunity to update their address like backers before shipping? I will likely have moved house by the time my order arrives.

Nope, they pass out of exhaustion and extreme fatigue :grin:

3 Likes

I vaguely remember something about that from my teenage Years and I see it in both my 7 months old son and my 3 year old son… :smiley:

2 Likes
  1. “Game-independent, universal DFR” (…) “assuming you have an RTX GPU”

@PimaxUSA
Are you also in contact with AMD about eye tracking and DFR?
Or is this feature only available for Nvidia graphics cards?
I am asking as there should be more competition coming with “Big Navi” and it looks like with Pimax eye tracking I have no other choice than buying green.

1. Question

Will you make sure that the Stretch Goal Box will be shipped by local warehouses in order to avoid us backers having to pay customs fees?

1 Like

@PimaxUSA firstly, this is the level of detail and transparency that will do wonders for Pimax’s reputation. I hope this is the path forward.

My question is the 5k+ pre order bonus. Which version of the smas/kdmas/dmas will we receive and the expected timeframe?

1 Like

I won’t be able to watch the event until later today, but what’s this KDMAS?

If it’s on-ear headphones, can we cancel our DMAS pre-orders and replace them with KDMAS ones? I really have no interest in off-ear headphones and was very disappointed when that’s what DMAS turned out to be.

When will 8K-X preorder customers have the chance to buy the eye tracking module?

4 Likes

I believe Martin (@SweViver) said “right after” backers can in the chat Yesterday :wink:

1 Like

Follow up:
There’s no need to overwhelm Support, regarding the eye-tracker. They say to wait for the backer-discount eye-tracker link to be posted, which “will be available soon. About a few days.”

5 Likes

I’ve not really been that interested in the eye tracking, assuming it would need games to be modified to support it. I have a 2080ti, is there somewhere I can read about what is utilised with the gpu to provide this please?

Sounds interesting.

Thanks
Fred

1 Like

They said this in the video, DFR only works with RTX cards due to it using VRS. IF AMD come out with their own version of VRS then 7invensun might choose to support it, but thats a down the road thing, so if you feel you have to buy red then don’t get eye tracking.

3 Likes

sure you paid 100$ for the dmas, but without opting out you would have had to pay 300$ more for the 8kx

it is game independent and will work with “90%+” of games they said - its worth watching the video to see the frame rate results. It works at the driver level so does not need game support (unless the game works in an odd way - asseto corsa was one game mentioned that they were having issues with)

3 Likes

you can buy back your backer stretch goal package, they didn’t announce the actual number but they said it would be “a lot less than the discount they got from their headset”

1 Like

hi, I watched yourvideo, nice job. It it great how you are contantly evolving to give us a great experience with our Pimax hmd.

I was not a backer, so I don’t have a lot of the angst the backer do,for their long wait.

Hopefully itwill be worth it for them.

That said, my question: When it becomes available, I will be ordering the eye teacking and hand tracking for my 8kx. I preordered, so hopefully in Sept as mentioned.

With the USB C port being the only one now, I don’t quite understand how they both will hook up.
It lloks like the hand tracker, will plug into that c port. How will the eye tracker be used in the same port
Will I need some sort of splitter?

Re hand trackers, do the work out of the box for any game, or does the dev haveto code for them.
Specifically, DCS, P3D 5 or other type sims. Just not exactly sure how these work.

Finally, the VR Experience looks awesome. I know you’ll have the IPD wizard, will this be based on using eyetracker to automatically set IPD.

Thank You, for your continuing strive for customer satisfaction.
Best,
David

PS Sweviver, I know you test with xplane, would you consider testingwith P3d at some point too.

1 Like

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra What happens to BASE STATIONS that i bought as a backer,you guys say I can not receive it because of valve restrictions,now what happens,why weren’t we informed before we purchased the pimax headset as it is almost useless without base stations and controllers.

1 Like

8K and 5K+ backers will be getting a MAS with the KDMAS headphones, what will 8K-X backers be getting? As the 8K-X will be coming with a MAS preinstalled, but it’ll be the SMAS, do we still get a package with the KD headphones, or a whole other KDMAS? Or do we get thrown under the bus and only get the SMAS?

1 Like

What is about the EU? I am from Germany.The screens of my headset dont turn on, new firmware, cable didnt fix it. Support said warranty is over. Shall I throw it into the bin??? 1 year warranty for a 1000 € headset is INSANE!

Thanks for the videos and summary here, great effort by both of you and all the team!

Questions and a request, sorry if already answered and I missed them:

1. Clarity over the CK foams. From the Q&A video, I’m not sure either of you have the answer yet :slight_smile:

Will the current backer and pre-orders of the 8KX (NOT the backer stretch goal package) get the thick or thin CK foam included, or both?

I suspect I need the thick version with the glasses cut-out, so I want that to be the default if it’s only one, but I would greatly appreciate both in case the other one works better. If you plan to change what’s included a later stage, any idea when would you do that?

1. @SweViver I’d really like to see a full comparison / compatibility video of the eye tracking DFR performance including all the most popular titles, including ED, DCS etc. IIRC you are making one? If not, please do!

If it works for most of my titles (shame about AC) then I’m definitely considering one, assuming it doesn’t clash with glasses. The eye tracking module including prescription lens adaptors - does that mean glasses may have trouble?

Thanks again :+1:

@PimaxUSA, @SweViver, have you tried the improvement achieved by Dynamic Foveated Rendering in your other visors? How much performance gain is achieved in, for example, a Pimax 5K Super?

Martin (@SweViver) did you take into account that in the profiles of the new “Pimax Experience” you have to include a (long) text string for the game launch options, which has to be different for each game and user?
Image from Steam:

Oculus uses it too. Is the place where you put the tweaks and cheats, but also where you enable some games to activate their VR!

4 Likes