Pimax NOW TLDR Summary Page & Aftershow Q&A Summary

Thats awesome to hear. But when/if that happens, will I still be charged to get it fixed?

1 Like

Just 3 question Kevin @PimaxUSA

Those of us who opted out of all stretch goals (that was the SMAS included) and went ahead with making a backer upgrade order Upgrade Plan C - chosing the 8K X with DMAS. (and paid an extra $100 for that DMAS upgrade) I feel kinda cheated/stupid having paid the extra $100 now seeing that the backer SMAS has been upgraded to KDMAS - Good for those who did not Opt-Out.
Any thaughts on that ?

How do we stand in regards to getting the $99 Eyetracking when having opted out of all stretch goals ?

Manā€¦ I had hoped i did not have to ask these questions, seeing that I have ordered 2x 8K Xā€™s with DMAS.

1. ICM color profiles integration into PiTool, did not think I heard anything about that ?

Regrads
MrAhlefeld

2 Likes

What is the status of the 5K Super?

how do we get in on the beta for pimax experience?

I am a 5K+ backer, I bought an 8KX for 1009USD with DMas, am I meant to change it for the 949 an save money?

1 Like

Deleted my question.

I need to watch the video 10 more times to understand it properly.

2 Likes
  1. While blue artisan is limited and old black has issue of houseing cracking, why still you use the old back color for new batch? what the serial number to specific the old batch and new batch? My friend get the new blue and I though you will use the new colour forever.

2. Can pimax artisan 5k+, 8k 5k xr user can buy the KDMAS? If people no option to use the rigid headstrap, I think they will choose to buy the other headset when it canā€™t be completed headset.

3. 8k x which canā€™t use the eye tracking is very risk detail for 8k x buyer, I have to announce this for buyer and hope you will clarify that the real solution soon.

Your answers bubbleball:

1. The blue Artisan is just a limited edition.
  2. Yes it will be possible to buy the KDMAS as a separate item. It wonā€™t become available as a store item until later in the year because we have many thousands of them to produce to deliver to stretch goal backers.
  3. you can use the eye tracking just fine with 8kX and I have one connected to mine.

You connect the eye tracking by using the bottom usb with usb hub?

Can you describe or give a picture? Thank in advanced.

okay, found it

2 Likes

Game-independent, universal DFR???

Pinch me???

4 Likes

Yeah, assuming you have an RTX GPU. Iā€™m now probably going to buy an eye-tracker. I hadnā€™t planned to, since game support will probably be minimal, but apparently Dynamic Foveated Rendering doesnā€™t actually require game specific support.

The eye-tracker is a lot less expensive than a new video card! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yep, a lot of games even get 50% boost. It really is a neat deal. The forest is like 60%.

Also you can dial how aggressive the algorithm is, 3 modes just like FFR.

6 Likes

@PimaxUSA, how do we place an order for the $99 backer eye-tracker deal? Itā€™s not on the backer store page.

2 Likes

Hi neal - put in a ticket asking for the $99 backer purchase for now, we will have a special link very soon.

6 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ll do that.

[update] Support says to wait for the link, which ā€œwill be available soon. About a few days.ā€

6 Likes

Cloud base of pimax experience is interersting, but the profile will be vote for all headset? Does It will have headset type to specific in each profile, or user need to specific name in each profile?

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in responding - i fell asleep. :slight_smile:
Question 1- You will get another shot at the backer kit at a special price, we have a backer portal in the works where for a limited time weā€™ll have that same kit up for backers later in the year. The optout will only have effected you slightly.
Q2 - Iā€™ll have to check but I think it will just be an extra $50 for opt-outs. Still a quite a nice deal. Weā€™ll have the links up soon.
Q3 - Color profiles - answer is I donā€™t know. The roadmap list on pitool is long.

5 Likes
  1. Will eye tracking module support new AMDā€™s upcoming RDNA 2 GPU cards that will support VRS?

2. You mentioned that Pimax will look into XR colours & in general into backlight option, will it also include XR NITS (Brightness settings) & colours saturation/hue? As colours atm are good on contrast/brightness 0/0 settings but they are way too dimm. If you change constrast/brightness settings they get washed out.

3. I have a crack on my 5k+, wonder if I can buy a housing separately & change it on my own, plus any plans on black rubberized housings? Or only blue option will be available.

2 Likes

Hey you gotta sleep right :slight_smile: no worries Kevin

Thanks for answering the questions, Iā€™ll send you a PM

/MrAhlefeld

1 Like

Wait? So You guys do actually sleepā€¦?! :grin:

3 Likes