Pimax Now Event Discussion (merged)

Last time we did spend a lot of time after the show answering questions, I think we answered 9 out of 10 extra questions. Of course we didn’t know at the time that 6 weeks later China would entirely shut down and not fully reopen until May.

We’ll stick around this time too and answer questions.

10 Likes

Part of the event does deal with upgrade program and a new option.

4 Likes

Any additional questions I suggest you get them in sometime today as we have an internal meeting scheduled to organize them and go through them.

6 Likes

Date is official now

8 Likes

Thanks for that confirmation. It eases my mind. I’m looking forward to the event.

2 Likes

In general, the status of wireless would be nice to know.

5 Likes

Is this today?
What time to view from the UK?

As a 5k+ backer who refuses to upgrade to any program, what can I expect anymore?
WIRELESS MODULE!!?!?! is the reason I still use my Vive and have used my Pimax less than 5 minutes?
What headstrap is included at this point since there’s like 5 different acronyms? From KS looks like one with headphone built in.
Couldn’t care less about the cooling or prescription lenses or the 2 pieces of laughable content from 2017 that was just delivered.
I should have 2 $100 coupons at least, one for moving from an 8k to 5k and one from the module… Is that even correct anymore?

As for this question above:
Is it feasible to tell today that Pimax will go (or will not go) on kickstarter again
to launch new products ?

Let’s hope not.

Much like the 2020 US election, Pimax gets my vote of “No Confidence”

5 Likes

I suggest that you get a placeholder video up on @SweViver’s YouTube channel. I’m not sure what they’re called, but it’s one of those things that shows an event is coming and allows you to set a reminder. I just went there assuming there would be one, and maybe I’m missing it but I can’t find one.

6 Likes

@SweViver, it would be great if you could set this up! This type of reminder on YouTube would make it great for us.

4 Likes

I will not watch this, why am I forced to watch to get information from somebody I do not subscribe to,
I find this really frustrating, does sweviver even work for Pimax?
Why are we not getting an official email from Pimax after waiting all this time?
When it’s all over can some one from Pimax send me an email on when I will get my 8k x?
I’m not impressed.

3 Likes

Yes, Sweviver does work for Pimax.

I agree with the desire to receive a simple, concise information release would be preferable to an hour-long video, especially when the information is notoriously unreliable.

7 Likes

Ok Thanks, I see why now.
Still won’t watch and will wait for the long awaited news for delivery on here or maybe by email.
I can’t stand all the hype that Pimax are not living up to.
I will make up my own mind when I can and not be Influenced by others views, as you say especially when they are unreliable.

2 Likes

Please try to restrict your comments in this thread to questions for our team. Thank you.

6 Likes

Where the answers?
Obviously you must know or are you going to be told on the 29th aswell?

1 Like

The name of the thread is Pimax Now questions - Event on June 29th. Please restrict your posts here to questions for the event.

5 Likes

Hand tracking is on the way; would full body tracking without needing to strap more objects to your body ever be technically possible?

Edit: original question: Hand tracking is on the way; would full body tracking ever be technically possible?

3 Likes

It is possible through Vive tracking pucks and potentially through vr addons like WalkOVR.

Yes I should’ve clarified, I meant inside-out tracking like the Leap, or really anything that doesn’t involve strapping more bits to you.

1 Like

Unfortunately you will need extra bits for body tracking. The ultra leap relies on it’s cameras to see the hands.

Steamvr tracking sensors use external laser sweeps to track. Mocap requires something to track whether outside cameras like Andy Sircus(sp?) Or use of sensors and magnetic fields. There has also been an idea of using sensors like ekg to track muscle reactions.

1 Like