Official Pimax Now QUESTIONS ONLY Thread (Event on June 29th)

Question:

I really want the eye tracker and already have chosen multiple coupons so that money is yours already.
Can I order one now?
And can it be shipped together with my ordered X on 10-31-2019?

Thank you

1 Like

Is Eyetracking still $199 for consumers as stated in Pimax Day 2?

As Handtracking seems to have increased in price from $160 during first pre order to $170.

Please define what we can use coupon codes on.

Please clarify your stance on replacing backers cracked housings.

Originally it was said they would be replaced regardless of warranty but when I tried to get a replacement support denied my request due to out of warranty. I would happily take the upgraded housing and install myself.

3 Likes

@PimaxQuorra This is my question for “Pimax Now”:

Is it feasible to tell today that Pimax will go (or will not go) on kickstarter again
to launch new products ?

1 Like

Is DFR working in games? At what level (driver, engine, game)? If partially what fraction of games? Is it lower enough latency as to be unnoticable? What is the performance uplift?

6 Likes

Status of wireless for 8kX in upscaled and native mode. Refresh rate in native mode at reduced FOV possibilities.

6 Likes

I’m not posting a lot here, but after YEARS I wonder: where are the stretch goals?
(Sorry, the 2 “games” are a joke! )

As long as you Pimax guys needed us backers, you have promised a lot but kept little of it.
Keep in mind: You couldn’t have built all this stuff without us, without our money!

When I was young I learned: “promise only what you can deliver!”
And not: " … well i try, but it will take some years - and you have to pay for!"

So: where are the stretch goals?

7 Likes

Will there be enough 8KX’s produced to be sold on Amazon?

2 Likes

Will the 8kx run at higher refresh rates at lower fov settings?

2 Likes

During the event, will the be any indication about the time-frame when Kickstarter full-package backers will receive all the promised components? So far, only the HMD has been delivered.

5 Likes
  1. Will dynamic foveated rendering work in 144hz mode?

2. Will we get tools to control mouse with eyes/click with blinking?

3. Can we get pitool controls integrated into steamvr dashboard PLEASE?

4. Is our eye tracking data used, shared or sold to 3rd parties?

5. How fast are eyes tracked?

6. What kind of cameras are used?

7. Does the eye tracking force users to move their eyes further from the lense? I make a point of getting my eyes as close as possible to maximize fov at 144hz.

8. Has there been any considerations to how eye tracking to be leveraged to mediate motion sickness? Dynamic fov reduction on movement etc.

9. Will eye tracking work with steamvr input 2.0?

10. Will eye tracking be able to be used as a laser pointer in steamvr overlay?

11. Some eye tracking systems have used machine learning to detect facial expressions like smiling and fear. I’d assume at the driver level. Any plans or considerations for eye signatures could be handed off to games ?

12. Some eye tracking systems can read the users pulse, which would be incredibly useful for gameplay. Can we get this feature?

13.Will eye tracking affect or impact cpu performance?

1. Can we get backlight control again?
8 Likes

When will the comfort kit become available again?

1 Like

To confirm Pimax non X Backers will be prioritized to receive the MAS prior to X pre Orders? You know FiFO.

4 Likes
  1. What about the ghosting in 8KX?
2 Likes

Will the backers and pre-orderers get priority over new comers when ordering the eye tracker?

2 Likes

Are you going to fulfill all of the 8KX backers and preorders prior to releasing any to Aliexpress or similar sites?

6 Likes

Ask the PITOOL development team
Is it possible to implement a manually adjustable depth perception? As can be seen in the photo
Depth and focus.
It could help users who have extremely low or high IPD improve poor depth perception.
Not to be forgotten is the enormous fun factor in various games and applications.

11 Likes

Can we get an acknowledgment for the Index controller issue noted here: https://community.openmr.ai/t/why-pimax-has-some-controller-compatibility-issues-with-index-controller-some-info/24313/264

A solution would be nice, too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When is Pimax going to fix logon to Backers,and store web site??

Add to that list

1. As a backer how do I purchase the eyetracking at $99 backer price.
4 Likes