Pimax latest update making the minor press

Can’t help but notice the lack of face masks in that tight inspection room. Should I be worried?

4 Likes

The delays have been frustrating, but I’m glad to see Pimax is taking QA seriously.

My 8K needed a replacement cable and has developed some cracks, but I still like it. I’m hoping my 8KX will not have any significant issues and I’m really looking forward to a sharper (high res) image without any noticeable SDE.

7 Likes

If you’re worried, leave your new 8Kx in the box for 3 days and you should be good to go.
But yes, they should have facemasks and disposable VR covers when inspecting right ? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

The headsets will be in transit longer than three days anyway… :wink:

9 Likes

I know… :smile:
For those how are extra carefull… :grin:

2 Likes

more for their own security than ours. I’d have expected them to wear masks and hair covers when inspecting new merchandise just to prevent dandruff and other foreign debris to end up in the package.

5 Likes

oh I’m sure they have that, at the factory at least :wink:

assembly will hopefully be done in a clean room but that inspection guy in the middle is looking down into the headset, just need a little shake on the head and who knows what will end up on the lenses and face foam

1 Like

You can’t even get into that building without a temperature check and a recent virus test.

8 Likes

I hope they’re using thermometer guns and not old school thermometers… :rofl:

7 Likes

pretty sure the virus has a shelf life of 2 weeks

1 Like

yeah expect to see skin flakes on your new thin facepads. I’ll be giving them a washing machine cycle prior to use

this had me rolling … :joy: thanks for that

2 Likes

Do you know what the difference between an oral and a rectal thermometer is?

3 Likes

hopefully they know enough not to reuse them.

The taste :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMc2004973

https://www.nejm.org/na101/home/literatum/publisher/mms/journals/content/nejm/2020/nejm_2020.382.issue-16/nejmc2004973/20200410-01/images/img_xlarge/nejmc2004973_f1.jpeg

5 Likes

1 Like

So to stay safe 2 days cardboard and 3 to 4 days for plastic?

1 Like

That’s what the scientists say… :+1::upside_down_face:

3 Likes