Pimax Frontier October 25th, 10am PDT

I’m getting forgetful but I did get discount on 8kx and got to keep 5k+ when I upgraded. No matter . If Pimax comes thru with kick a$$ headset I ll send 8kx back on silver platter

5000 per eye?

Obviously not of the car seller says it’s a “trade in” promotion. As per definition of a trade in.

But here Pimax didn’t say so.

Pimax has quadrupled down with more than 5 pies in the sky.

Heres to hoping to buy 12K QLED in Oct.-Dec- 2022 w/ extreme haste.

Before the presentation went live, the website called it a Trade-in program. (you can see it now on https://pimax.com/). If you click on the trade-in program it gets you to that slide.

The only confusion came from when Sweviver in the comments suggested we could keep the headsets. He has since apologised for the error.

Here we go again - Chinese sales strategy :slight_smile:

Headset only?
What is the “full purchase price” if I bought the full 8K package, but then downgraded to 5K+, didnt use an upgrade plan for controllers?
This is all way too confusing now…

Alright, now that’s clear ! It’s also mentioned for each headset on the store.

But the initial statement from the presentation was confusing to say the least. Sounds like Pimax didn’t though about the trade-in in the first place, and then changed his mind.

That’s still a good deal :wink:

1 Like

the sentence worries me " First 12 months after the release

The first 12 months following the release of the new headset, right?

This should be good as long as the release is real, reviews are available and they are shipping at launch.

1 Like

Woah, wow, working prototypes of everything in the announcement or even just the displays and lenses exist already?

That is very newsworthy. I hope some make it to CES!

Ok mate, so I admitted already that I wasn’t aware of any return plan for the 12K discount, and it seems we still dont know how it will be handled. More information will follow.

Now… let me ask you a question.

Have you ever been offered, by ANY company - whenever its a car dealer, grocery store, smartphone brand or any random tech manufacturer - to return your product after 1-2 years, getting the FULL price back while ordering their new product?

I guess not.

Now, one of the top leading VR headset brands offers you a brand new and upcoming product for less than half the price. And all you need to do is just send back your worn out, dusty, maybe even broken 8KX back.
And you dont even have to take this offer. Its your choice.

Still, you call that “Chinese sales strategy”.

Honestly man, you should be thankful for the fact that this offer/discount even exists. Its all thanks to Robin, Nordic and the Shanghai team that you, as a customer together with many thousands of other customers, can actually get this opportunity. They give you an unique loyalty program completely for free. As a nice gesture. To simply say “thank you for being a Pimaxian”.

Lets be honest with yourself now. Nobody else would do this for you. No other company. And you know it.

Just think about it for a second.

16 Likes

I suspect the base model has a working prototype, and maybe some of the “modules”, with others being a work in progress.

If it was mostly ready, I don’t think Q4 2022 would be the release date.

Exactly. Any reasonable person did think about it for more than a second, and inferred all the good points you just made. Probably not worth bothering to feed trolls. :wink:

4 Likes

My quote refered only to (purpusional?) unclear communication with customers and based ours reactions they are making at the end new conditions . We seen this here in past .

I am not so sure about that. It would not be the first time a company that had positioned itself for success after years of difficulty going from CES demo to mass manufacturing under-committed and over-delivered. “PimaxUSA” stated as much here on the forums already.

1 Like

Xiaomi had or has such a trade in, where you got up to 70% of the price back when you purchased a new device. is purely from my memory, without evaluation of the situation.

1 Like

I’m curious to see how peripherals will work and if those will be factored in or not with the various attachments people can and have made to some headsets, things like the eyetracking or hand tracking modules add extra value.

Because if they won’t add anything may as well sell them not because I sure won’t be needing it if I get the 12k.

It’s possible, but I’m not sure Pimax can change so much in so little time.

I like that they haven’t sold us preorders at this stage, and I do believe they are planning to make sure they can actually ship close to if not at launch itself.

I do believe they are as aware of their weaknesses (over-promising, particularly with upgrades/accessories that they hadn’t yet developed which then don’t end up working well with the headset they already released because e.g. the USB power in the headset was insufficient, overly optimistic launch/ship dates) as they are of their strengths (being able to deliver headsets more technologically advanced than any of their competition)

I think they want to make sure the modules they are promising will actually work with the headset, rather than getting a load of flack on secondary items as they have (deservedly) with the current gen.

A bit more cynically: I think they’re also aware, most of their customer base will not be able to afford/stomach buying the new pimax headset if they’ve already dropped $2k on a varjo aero, hence the early announcement

You people are so stingy! You should be more worried about when/if the center area 70PPD display will be available. I certainly am!

2 Likes