Pimax Frontier October 25th, 10am PDT

As Varjo will reveal a consumer headset the day after, it has to be huge from Pimax to keep it up :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This is not confirmed.

Sounds like it’s confirmed :

I don’t think they would advertised this event the way they do if it wouldn’t be a consumer version, but let’s see :wink:

6 Likes

Agreed and I also think it will be the announcement of a prosumer HMD. But confirmed it is not.

The youtube video is scheduled for October 20th, but the page on the Pimax site says the event will take place on October 25th. Which one is it? Or both?

Also, UploadVR got an email with more details like:

a new product code-named ‘Reality’

this conference will go over the company’s Pimax product roadmap and “related technologies,” alongside “the vision of VR3.0” and a sneak peek of their next product, which is referred to by the name ‘Reality’ in the email

Don’t expect a full announcement just yet — Pimax says that Frontier will only feature a “sneak peek” of Reality and that CES 2022 will see the full “formal unveiling” of the new product.

Why do we get all that info from Upload and not directly from Pimax here?

2 Likes

It’s the 25th and it is far more than a sneak peak. There ended up being a conflict related to media coverage that forced the date change.

7 Likes

Was the conflict maybe Oculus connect?

There were multiple reasons but out of the blue we had some well known people want to participate. Hopefully we can get them in.

11 Likes

Sounds promising.

October 20th to 25th should be interesting for VR; I do hope HTC’s sad showing isn’t setting the tone for what’s to come from FaceBook, Varjo and Pimax.

6 Likes

We won’t let VR enthusiasts down

5 Likes

If you use same optics and LCD, you will.
Please don’t let us down.

5 Likes

Never trust in Pimax promises.

1 Like

Hmm. We are a small company .0000001 the size of Facebook or HP that delivered the 5K+, 8KX, 5KS, (+Artisan low cost option) and more, hand and eye tracking, 3 flavors of MAS, Comfort Kit, Spikey silicon protective sleeve, nose lightguard, multiple foams material and thickness, countless free firmware and pitool upgrades that added features such as (selectable FOV, selectable refresh, backlight control, panel brightness control, smart smoothing, new compulsive mode and more), even pimax 4K firmware updates still occur (5 year old headset) , PE for in VR launching and config, about to ship the first sword. Also countless behind the scenes collabs with devs to eliminate the need for PP and optimize FPS. We even loaned 8KX backers a headset for use while they waited.

13 Likes

is this from your text script for the next event?

We are a small company.0000001 the size of xy. this does not justify anything that makes the customer dissatisfied.

1 Like

You forgot to mention :

• low quality plastics that cracks after a few months
  • cable causing flickering
  • devices (hand tracking…) that don’t work with several 5k+ usb-c ports
  • your after sales services is crap, it takes months to get refund or a replacement unit (to be precise, it takes months to your guys to understand what’s wrong)
  • prescription adapters promised but never done, myopic people thank you

I’ve also heard you canceled the joystick controller version, this one made me laugh !
Want more ?
When will you understand that it is better to propose few quality products than 50 000 shltty quality devices and services ?
As I said, never trust in Pimax promises.

Basically every word you have there is false or highly misleading.

1. prescription adapter provided twice (one version for headset use and one version for eye tracker) anyone can order prints for very little, 2) the devices work fine with the integrated usb and in fact we got the et up to 100Hz with integrated usb, HT runs 100% with integrated usb so that is just false, 3) years ago there were some batches of the original black housings that had issue and we helped that group, 4) cable flickering you refer is signal strength at 90hz, a very specific scenario that affects a small subset of people, we never promised 90hz on 8kx it was just a free update to push the limits, 5) joystick sense version features not supported yet by steamvr

Korgen it seems to be you that shouldn’t be trusted.

2 Likes

With all respect,but i had problems with pimax in the beginning too(cracked houses,bad support) But they have grown alot now,with far better support and products…

I like that they try to push the boundaries for vr,so i like to see what they will show or tell us 25 october…

7 Likes

small remark, not by steamvr but by pimax

are you kidding me ?

1 - the thing you called prescription adapter was a frame on which we can not put a lens. If your adapter was so good why would i piss off posting a stl on thingiverse. I made more for prescrition users here than you’ll ever do.

2 - tell me why the hell I couldn’t make HT working on my 5k+ ? And I wasn’t the only one with this problem. The reason is simple : HT module wasn’t compatible with the usb hub integrated in some 5k+. This issue was . This problem has been recognized by the after-sales service. The liar is YOU.
https://community.openmr.ai/t/hand-tracking-not-working-install-issues-anyone-with-5k-xr-have-it-working/33758

3 - Of course you had to help this “group”, you had no choice. You also promised 204 serie would be made with better plastics and would be crack proofed. Guess what ? My 204 5k+ has cracks !

4 - I’m talking about 5k+ and 8k cables, but maybe you forgot every problems occured few years ago. Don’t worry, consumers will remember them for you.

5 - Don’t make a promise you’re not sure you keep.

That’s easy to find who’s right, every proof can be found.
Everything you said is bull5hit, getting paid by pimax doesn’t give you the right to be a fcking mythomaniac.

Last time I had to deal with Pimax support was when I purchased HT module, that’s not so old. As I said it didn’t work with my 5k+ and it was still a pain in the @ss to get refund.
It’s been years I hear support improves, I’ve never experienced any improvement. Like St. Thomas I only believe in what I see.