Pimax EU Roadshow Events - Signup pages are now going live!

Guys, before I get to the questions and start to catch up:

The links to signup pages for VR Space and MRTV Headquarter events are now added in the main post!

3 Likes

I think a UK visit wont happen this year unfortunately, unless we manage to schedule something in December, but cant promise anything yet.

We are travelling by car. Kinda tight schedule this time, but thanks anyway :wink:

This is still not 100% confirmed. I will confirm this tomorrow after the next meeting.

Yeah its old but still a great demo!

Thanks. I think we should have this post in the Announcement-category, if possible?

Awesome and thanks for the suggestions! Btw, Kayak VR developer will most likely be with us on the event in Gouda and also on VR Days :slight_smile:

Local dimming is enabled on default and so far there is no option do disable it (will most likely be added with updates). Regarding eye tracking demos, I’ll get back to you with more information the upcoming days.

8k (SBS) HDR video is a good idea. Any suggestions for specific video to be used?

Noted, thanks!

Great! Although Im not sure about Nathie or Mike. Im pretty sure they will attend VR Days, but I havent asked them about the meetup events yet.

A mix is the best of both worlds :slight_smile: But yes I agree that many independent individual opinions are always the most interesting.

6 Likes

Check your DM you should be able to post in Announcement\pimax official.

2 Likes

There will be several racing games/sims available for sure, like Automobilista 2, ACC.

Yes we will have at least one 4090 on the demos. We will also have at least one 8KX on the roadshow for comparison purposes. On the event in Gouda, according to our host Darius, you will also be able to test Crystal vs Reverb G2 and maybe also other headsets.

As already mentioned, this has not been confirmed yet. I should be able to give you an answer tomorrow (Monday).

Thats currently in progress. More details soon.

Thanks man! :slight_smile:

I completely understand. This will be answered most likely tomorrow! Thanks for understanding…

Thing is that the EU roadshow happens a few weeks before the US roadshow. It seems Kevin confirmed that the LH faceplate will be available for US roadshow, but I still dont know if we will get it shipped from the factory on time for the EU roadshow. Im crossing my fingers and I’ll inform you the upcoming days, maybe already tomorrow.

Wait… the game resolution has nothing to do with tracking. I can assure you that you can play all games and sims in full native resolution with the built-in tracking. Just like on any other headset that has inside-out tracking.

5 Likes

You are totally right there.

I completely agree. Life gets easier without the base stations. I never thought I would say that, but Im starting to realize this now.

I agree, but on the other hand I think it would be much worse if built-in tracking wasn’t available from start :wink: After all, the LH tracking face plate is an accessory.

Great technology. but then it also makes those controllers quite expensive. Which has always been one of the downsides of LH tracking controllers. People hesitated to buy a pair of controllers for 300 usd.

A Q&A upfront the roadshow is a good idea actually. We could make that happen! Maybe a stream with me, Kevin and Josh. I’ll discuss this with the team tomorrow.

3 Likes

Should really jist have native hybrid tracking. :wink:

Kevin is planning the US roadshow, so you may ask him about that. Unfortunately, I will not make it for the US roadshow since I will be on the EU roadshow until 10th of December or somewhere around there. I will travel to US upfront CES, but not for the earlier roadshow events.

2 Likes

That would have been ideal for sure, but it would also make the headset more expensive (due to completely different design of the housing and materials plus all the required sensors).

2 Likes

Will Pimax show the 12K at CES 2023?

1 Like

Understandable you need to have quality time with Family to have a proper balance.

1 Like

As far as I know, that’s what Robin is aiming for, yes.

Yeah, cant be away for 45-50 days in a row. Life is a bit more difficult these days hehe

2 Likes

Nah only need to have the ability to pair with the headset. The rest is software as was demoed on other non modular hmds.

Hybrid tracking doesn’t require the hmd have Steamvr tracking sensors.

Sweviver can you confirm the chevron on front of the Crystal is just a sticker and not LEDs like the P2 series.

That Q and A would be a great idea, also would help potentially identify any expectations or desires from the community that might have been missed beforehand.

2 Likes

Why? It would add a lot of weight and cost for a feature that the majority don’t want. Seems like madness to me (unless by hybrid tracking you mean something else? I assume you meant LH also built into the headset, which afaik we have never see done before).

Edit: Oh you mean like have a dongle built in for pairing knuckle controllers? So like the headset tracks itself as normal but then you can also use lighthouse controllers? Not a bad idea but not sure how reliable that would be (look at the headache people have with the G2 needing to recalibrate, but I guess if it was designed that way from the get go then it might work a lot better). Seems like a huge headache though for what is ultimately a bit of a niche setup and is something already being facilitated by the lighthouse faceplate etc.

2 Likes

The reason it is a headache on things like the G2 because it is not being implemented by the hmd company and needs hack workarounds.

Where as native hybrid tracking wouldn’t have issues of using 3rdparty hacks to make it work. While the Leap HT module has not been a great add due to lack of wide game support. We do have LH tracking the hmd while the HT is tracking the hands.

Where as this wouls be the reverse. The Crystal/12k can take care of the head tracking and such while the SteamVR controllers track the Lighthouses.

Imagine if HP added the option to natively support using Steamvr controllers? Ot would be easier than a 3rdparty trying to brute force workarounds.

The Face plate if not mistaken may lack some of the side and top tracking sensors. More time could be invested in other Face plates.

@crony had the p4k working with Lighthouses by using a vive tracker on the hmd as the p4k only had 3dof.

1 Like

Good points but we’ve never seen any company do it before and that may be for a reason. If it was as simple as just adding a dongle then an external dongle should work just as well, no? I think the issue is that the 2 tracking systems can’t communicate with eachother to keep eachother in sync, hence the drift.

Hardware wouldn’t solve that, it would need to be software on the valve side of things most likely. Otherwise it’s still just a 3rd party hack even if it’s the headset manufacturer doing it themselves.

I will eat an actual crystal if it’s a sticker. There’s no chance that it’s a sticker.

1 Like

That is easy to see why. Very few companies have bought into using SteamVR Tracking. Save StarVR(Dead?), Varjo, Xtal and HTC. Both Varjo and Xtal are not in the consumer space save the Aero. And HTC in general has not had a great track record implenting other Tracking solutions; though there aim has been to untether from needing to rely on Valve(hasn’t worked out well).

As for company kind of but OSVR failed overall as it was not focused enough but did have hybrid tracking options.

1 Like

“Wait… the game resolution has nothing to do with tracking. I can assure you that you can play all games and sims in full native resolution with the built-in tracking. Just like on any other headset that has inside-out tracking.”

Oh my bad. I am associating LH faceplate with PCVR only.

2 Likes