Pimax EU Roadshow Events - Signup pages are now going live!

Indeed. A price for just he hmd and LH module would also be nice with a separate price for the the Crystal controllers should one decide they also want IO tracking would be nice.

1 Like

Pinned posts on Discourse is the Topic vs on say Discord where you can pin a comment.

Guys, I promise I’ll answer all your questions tomorrow (Sunday). Currently away and busy on a family gathering, but I will catch up tomorrow, so please keep the questions coming meanwhile!

10 Likes

Enjoy your family time.

:vulcan_salute::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

Wasn’t a comment. Was a simple question as to whether the LH face-plate would be at the roadshows. Shouldn’t have to open accounts elsewhere to ask a question about an event posted in Pimax’s own forum. A question in response to a post here.

I can wait for that info knowing how busy Marcin is atm. It’s not life or death, but if any newbies come looking to buy Crystal and ask questions here please don’t tell them to go to other sites and open an account to get such a basic piece of info. It could be a negative experience.

3 Likes

Kevin said on Discord that the LH faceplate would be at the roadshows (although I suppose he only speaks for the US roadshows) he said that almost certainly the LH faceplate won’t be available on launch but will come shortly after.

So far there has been no indication of a LH tracking bundle that has the faceplate and no controllers, although I agree that it would be a good idea. If you want I’ll buy your controllers to keep as spares though. :wink:

I wouldn’t say that asking if a specific piece of hardware would be present at a road show is a basic piece of info. Would be honestly hard for me to believe that someone is a newbie if they are coming to this specific forum asking for such specific information.

1 Like

So if LH faceplate is not available at lunch, then users can only play with inside out tracking? That mean game resolution isn’t going to be high? That mean users would not know if there is a problem with testing games with high end graphics? That’s a problem. LH faceplate should be #1 priority out the door.

2 Likes

Thats indeed my opinion too…

I don’t understand, what would the tracking method have to do with the resolution of the game? Why would non-LH tracking have an issue with testing games with high end graphics?

That all said, I guess there will be a signifcant amount of people buying the new headsets (at least early on) that already have LH tracking but the majority of customers (in general, I don’t mean prior Pimax customers) don’t have it and don’t want it. I personally do have it, and desperately don’t want it. I am dying to get rid of it.

Hopefully the Reality series tracking is close to Quest level tracking. If it’s at Pico level or higher then I’ll be happy and can finally get rid of the base stations. Of course the ideal setup is like the Quest Pro controllers that are self tracking, those are the absolute pinnacle. Better tracking volume, less hassle, less issues etc etc.

For now though I’m grateful to have LH tracking, but I’m ready to abandon it the second a better alternative for PCVR comes along.

I do hope that the LH faceplate comes soon for those that want it but I do think they are right to focus on their own tracking. It’s solid that they are providing the option for LH tracking, but number 1 priority is a bit much imo. Number 1 priority should be making sure that their own tracking solution is good enough that the vast majority of people won’t feel the desire to go for another tracking method.

1 Like

i could be wrong,but i think who buy these expensive pimax chrystal headsets have already lighthouse tracking at home(and not only pimax owners offcourse) and want that as priority number one i think.

We want the best tracking and that is still lighthouse(exept the new quest pro tracking controllers that is the new standard in the future i think)

But i could be wrong ofcourse

1 Like

Comment just refers to posts under a topic. I was only clarifying that the pinning is topic only.

Really disappointing to hear the Lighthouse face plate will not be ready at launch. Though Kevin did mention I guess a prototype face plate will be at the roadshow(U$ at least)

1 Like

I agree with the initial influx of customers but I think if they want to grow and reach a wider audience then LH being an extra add on is the right route. LH is definitely coming anyway, just perhaps not day one for crystal (it will be day one for 12k though, same faceplate). I do think the right idea for priority one, in terms of tracking, is their own built in tracking.

Sure and that’s coming. I just disagree that it should be pimax’s focus, I don’t want them to just fall back on it, They need to nail their own tracking, we all know LH is solid and will work well. I can’t imagine the delay for the faceplate will be that long, but who knows. Hopefully it’s just a matter of weeks, not months.

1 Like

The only way is how the quest pro did it now… thats the way… The tracking in the controllers i mean

3 Likes

Ah yeah I agree that is absolutely the future. I will say I much prefer Quest 2 tracking to LH tracking. Not in terms of volume or quality (although personally I have had more issues with LH tracking than I ever had with Quest 2 tracking) but for me I hate LH tracking because of the noise of the base stations, the awkwardness of the system in general, the cost and I’m not a fan of knuckle controllers tbh. I want a grip button, I also find them uncomfortable (but that’s very subjective and just down to hand shape/size).

LH is great though, particularly with options like FBT and such. And couldn’t agree more that self tracking controllers is the way to go (technically that is what the knuckles controllers do but they depend on external base stations to place markers for them to track, they can’t dynamically track using SLAM like quest 2 or such). I personally am fine with Quest level tracking though, I can play Expert+ beat saber on Quest no bother, and I never find the tracking volume to be an issue, so it’s honestly grand for me. Plus I don’t need to worry about reflective surfaces, or turning base stations on or off etc.

Anyway, I don’t mean to be bashing LH. I just don’t think it’s the future but it’s still a great option and I do want headset manufacturers to keep giving people the option through modularity if they want it. I just really don’t want it to be a crutch and ends up being the only really way to enjoy the reality line, I want the built in tracking to be at least on Pico’s level of tracking (which is good enough for the vast majority),

2 Likes

Thanks for the info from Discord. :smiley:

As far as what someone new to Pimax products might ask I cannot say. My question was to ask for clarification of an answer being given to an other’s question, so a Q&A was going on a some point. I knew the answer might not be gotten before someone like yourself what was posted elsewhere. Someone new might not get that. It was just a simple consideration for any new arrivals.

2 Likes

Ah absolutely, didn’t mean to be dismissive of that! I hope they add a comprehensive FAQ soon on the official product page.

3 Likes

How about a roadshow in Toronto Canada,like you had for the 5k & 8k a few years back

I went to that one and I remember seeing a few forum members there.

I think I may have even seen @Heliosurge
in person, but I never actually spoke to anyone (since I am an introvert :rofl:) & was so focused on the 8K at the time.

1 Like

i don’t want the LH faceplate even though i use LH 2.0, i don’t like having external sensors hanging around, i don’t like the noise and i prefer touch controllers to knuckles. i like the inside out tracking + touch controllers that my quest 2 has, i’m hoping the crystal has a good version of that.

3 Likes

People who play mainly simulations, or people that might want to play flat/3D/VR mods in this, don’t have much benefit if at all from LH.

And while LH was an improvement over the G2, I couldn’t justify external base stations later for slightly better tracking over the Quest 2 tracking. I am interested in the quest pro controllers though, cheaper, same nearly perfect 360° tracking, better haptics, no external base stations etc.

For me personally, I would be satisfied if it’s at least on par with the G2 tracking, hopefully better though like with the Pico 4 or Quest 2. Not having to buy LH is a benefit for previous VR owners with inside-out, like the Quest 2, G2, Pico 4, that are kind of let down by the Quest Pro on the visuals.

3 Likes

Very cool to show up in Europe.
I will try to publish it in my company´s VR/AR group.
Unfortunately, there is no 8KX advanced version but the announced 12KX, so I am not interested.
I fully understand the step-by-step development to achieve the 12K goals, therefore not to show a unicorn.
As well, the statement of 70% of R&D tasks fulfilled for 12KX means a potentially long way to go for the final product. As the effort after time rises with an exponent …

I was considering Team Red because of DP2.1 , where AMD may be able to deliver graphical output more easily.

RDNA 3 cards can offer 2x the DisplayPort bandwidth of their DisplayPort 1.4-enabled predecessors, which in turn allows for higher resolutions and higher refresh rates. Notably, this ever so slightly exceeds HDMI 2.1’s bandwidth as well,
source: anandtech

Instead, Nvidia related solution may require 2 x display port to not lose quality? All compression solutions are fine for WiGig. WiFi6/7 etc, where bandwidth is a true issue,

• But for a cable-bound solution I expect brute force power. I am really curious what Pimax may be able to offer… potentially next year same time…hopefully

I would like to mention better to take the time and then provide the flagship, In the meantime good luck with the Crystal, promising for a lot of customers.

2 Likes