Pimax day backlash!

I have not ordered controllers but because Pimax told us we could get 360 tracking with 1 base station, I (and others) added 1 or more to our pledges. We want them and they are not tied to a controller bundle, but are necessary for 6DOF. We should not have to wait for controllers that we aren’t getting to receive them. Not when they have "lots’ of them.

3 Likes

Yes, eye tracking costs an additional $99 for backer.

Lighthouse is expected to begin at the end of November.

Does the controller refer to Pimax or index?

MAS is expected to ship at the end of December.

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

For myself would be waiting for pimax controllers. I think they will be better. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

5 Likes

End of november for the lighthouses? WOW! PimaxUSA said 3-4 weeks after pimax day 1…(Pimax day 1 was 24 september)

4 Likes

What makes you believe they will be better?

1 Like

Of course it’s a risk. But for one the grip button & pimax can see all the problems with Valve’s design & potentially create a better design.

This is often what you see with Consoles in the past. He who releases first gets a jump on initial sales where as usually the one released later has some better specs.

6 Likes

@Matthew.Xu Can the standard audio headstrap be upgraded to the deluxe version? I think a lot of backers would be interested in this, I suggest an option to upgrade on the Pimax store.

2 Likes

You guys always surprise us with delays.
Every single time.

To be honest id not be surprised if the LH shipped next year jan.

1 Like

If it moves to Jan. 2020, might as well move it to March 2020 because Chinese New Year.

2 Likes

Yes, Pimax has already stated that it is modular and can be upgraded.

1 Like

We have a very large number of LH coming and have already received the first deliveries.

3 Likes

This is true. You just snap the existing one off and attach the new one. I think most people will be very happy with the standard version (at least the prototypes I tried were really good).

3 Likes

Whether Pimax received them or not, It is delayed again anyway. Right?

IMHO the late November deal is a quite conservative figure considering we have significant numbers. Pimax day 1 was Sept 24, so 4 weeks from that would have been around Oct 24. We missed the prediction but not by much.

1 Like

Hi Kevin
Could you please have a look at this i’ve posted in a new thread.
https://community.openmr.ai/t/one-more-upgrade-plan-needed-please/23315

If i summize what @Matthew.Xu has replied elsewhere in other threads we need clarification. Please take 2 minutes to read it and reply, as this will help alot of backers I think.

I for one will allmost instantly press the “buy” button if you can meet this simple task :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean right now. There’s $100 difference between the two. Do I have to completely buy the Deluxe version or can I just buy the over-ear pieces and attach them to the standard version? Can I pay an extra $100 to receive the deluxe version with my full package?

@Matthew.Xu

1 Like

Because we are still communicating, we can’t say too much until the other side allows us to do so. But when we reach an agreement, we will certainly do as you say.

3 Likes

There will be a difference in the sound quality of the headphones, which is up to you.
I think you can wait, don’t you think?

3 Likes

@Matthew.Xu any idea when the upgrade plans will be back up, along side this when plan F will ship and is it shipping with basestations and controllers or purely controllers and pimac send base stations. Cheers!

1 Like