Pimax Crystal - status, updates and fixes (Part 1)

That’s not my understanding.

For Tethered: PICO4 goes through USB-C and utilizes compression, which, I’ve heard from the community can/does cause artifacts and is a worse connection than Display Port.

Headset Battery: My understanding is that the battery is not hot-swappable and that if one were to want something like that, they’d have to by an external BoboVR kit and then sacrifice the use of the USB port on the headset (thus no tethering with the PC)

Two of the reasons why I said NO to the PICO 4

Of course it’s ‘Unofficial’ because we don’t work for PIMAX, right? Or DO WE? haha

Yeah. No worries. 3rd party reviews are typically more legit and trustworthy than most companies’ marketing fluff.

Wouldn’t that be a downgrade? As the Pico 4 is 4k and 3k is less. :grinning::wink:

This can benefit pimax as those DeVs that have made content for the Pico 4 and meta quest 2 can easily port to pimax standalone as it is qr2.

Poor comparison as the Crystal is not imaginary. It does exist as it is being demoed. Unless your a mime you really can’t with sound mind introduce your imaginary gf to friends & family. :wink::rofl:

1 Like

Release for sale? Yes any of those are plausible and likely.

Apple yes kind of. Dekard no as if not mistaken no release date has been leaked or from what I have saw much of anything.

Where as no demos of either Apple’s or Deckard has been demoed by anyone publically or even reported privately. So yes the Crystal exists in “Reality”.

3 Likes

The Team already endorsed this topic’s chart. As pimax ticks off the boxes the chart will reflect changes as it has been doing.

3 Likes

Team hasn’t “endorsed” anything. This is just a fan thing.

I have read otherwise.

1 Like

This is all that any company can claim to do, and the sooner consumers realize that the better for everybody it will be.

If people stop buying it with the be
marketing, and just wait until they have a solid product they can buy, you don’t have the problem where people are disappointed.

How long ago was the cyber truck announced and people still can’t buy it? They like Elon as a person, so they trust every hair brain BS claim he makes you stop doing that, and you won’t have disappointment.

1 Like
4 Likes

Yes. I already linked this video above…

3 Likes

Thanks for the video @hammerhead_gal

Can you also confirm if DSC also works with the AMD cards?

1 Like

Wow…hmmm :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Is that to me?

I’m working with Pimax via PM who endorse this chart. That is a fact and we should be great full we have good people at Pimax who take this chart seriously.

I’ve been informed the chart has been passed on to the Pimax engineers and we’re working together to keep members up to date with progress.

4 Likes

Well, let‘s see if this transparency will survive or if it is thwarted just days after having been endorsed by parts of Pimax. Not looking promising if I read the last comment by a Pimax employee in this thread though.

But I could even get the reasoning behind it, it demonstrates how much work is left to do and doesn‘t go together well with what their official announcements of product availability still claim. I personally would want to right the ship where the actual issue lies, which - obvious to pretty much everybody on this forum - would rather be the launch & availability dates, but hey, I am not running their PR department and just too naive to see the hidden value behind applying the overpromise & fail concept time and again.

But I think I will be diverting my attention elsewhere for a couple of months and join in again when the real launch is nearing. In the meantime we‘ll see a lot of back & forth discussions with no real added value. CES 2023 will perhaps give a status update, but I would surprised to see all features of the Crystal being presented, and truly astonished to see them actually all work well!

Butters007 did indeed post pimax’s video of Amd gou testing support. so Yes you should credit him.

1 Like

Chargebox in red. Hmm, do you mean the charger for the swap headset batteries? The chargers could be seen several times in the first roadshow reports.

1 Like

Thanks @Butters007 I’ll update the Chart.

It’s strange how some work yet some don’t.

I’ll go through the video and make a list.

2 Likes