Pimax Crystal - status, updates and fixes (Part 1)

I mean, why would they change the drivers/hardware?
There is no way that would’ve set them back a year

Well with the new Audio module they could have changed the speakers(drivers) much like one swaps factory speakers in a car. Wouldn’t set them back really. Just have an Audio expert tune a profile with dsp to make best use of the driver.

Had pimax had did this with the DMAS it would have been closer or on par with Valve’s. The revised 8kX unfortunately they were not successful as I believe Cheezus said they messed it up and made it worst with what they tried.

1 Like

Pimax had some audio experts on their team??!?! lol

Early days maybe as the p4k over ear speakers are nice. But I think that headset might have received Audio through hdmi but don’t quote me.

The DMAS was beyond what they were used to. But it seems they have some help on the Reality series as they have it sounding “on par to possibly better than index”

And one of the testers minimally is a legit audiophile.

2 Likes

Who is the audiophile? DJSlade?
my brother is an audiophile and dj’s as a hobby, When i tried with my access that i had to it for about a day, i showed my brother and he didnt notice much difference and that couldve been down to variance.

3 Likes

Talking audiophile and digital gaming head gear sound seems a bit oxymoronic. I more equate the term with analogue given what digital does to Mozart and Stevie Ray Vaughn’s guitars :grinning:
As a drummer and having played live all this VR stuff is just toys and “audiophile” would not be my go to definition for digital sound source appreciation,. This is not to say digital can’t be good when produced for, but it is still no friend of “sustain” so you can imitate a basic violin but not a Stradivarius. Only so much you can do with 1’s and 0’s.

3 Likes

The first Crystal has arrived in the German Mrtv discord forum . Its a unit from the user Alex and it’s not working :sob:

It keeps disconnecting after couple of seconds

3 Likes

Did he get this in the box?

No I think not , give me a sec I will ask him

2 Likes

Nope he did not receive that hub

3 Likes

He did try an active hub though which didn’t help

2 Likes

Then it looks like Pimax are not shipping the full kit as advertised.

1 Like

Yeah kinda sad . Hopefully they will help him

2 Likes

He is using windows 10 though . Not sure if it’s a deal breaker to use the crystal

Maybe try one of these.

3 Likes

Without plugged monitor it seems to be working

1 Like

Quick update: even without plugged monitor still not working

4 Likes

Ouch that guy must feel sad. All that excitement of receiving the first unit and then … doesn’t work, damn!

4 Likes

Did he also remove all old remnants of VR software/drivers beforehand? The old 8k, for example, liked to bitch if something from wmr was installed beforehand.

Ahh, and he should disable the CPU internal graphics in the bios.

2 Likes

Did anyone pay taxes for the crystal in Canada / Quebec, I can’t afford the headset if I have to pay 15% on top of the 1600$, also how much was your shipping.

Facts only no speculation, thanks.

1 Like