Pimax Crystal - status, updates and fixes (Part 1)

Don’t know what the last one is like, but the older ones only had an optical opening angle around 155 degrees.

2 Likes

The first ones under RoboVR had a claim up to 170 depending on Eye relief & ipd settings. Though unlikely to confirm those 2 models as no SteamVR support.

I’m not seeing any build poll option…

Scroll the list above should be there.

Bumped your user level up.

pls tell me what aplushh means :)))

2 Likes

Figured should post a link to pimax’s Official Crystal Status. We can see how much further along they are now since then(Dec 15, 2022)

Here is the Chart from that post.

2 Likes

Would like to see their mythical/magical/unicorns and bubblegum pipe-dream of a wider FoV lens notated down somewhere…

2 Likes

We’ve never seen Wifi6e working. Ie Streaming.
We’ve not seen the auto IPD working.
We don’t know if the glass lenses are now ready for mass production due to mixed reports from testers.

3 Likes

That list was long before the wider fov lens reveal. For That noted is in the MRtv videos when he visited them.

1 Like

Well if there actually shipping this tine around as stated we should be avke to presume glass for 35 ppd lenses is ready and likely why only 50 set to ship in first batch.

Otherwise list is still fairly accurate save Auto Ipd and Wifi6e; Hardware might be there but sometime between Dec 15 and now they broke the software for both.

Or they gave the wrong graphic to post regarding statuses.

It is too bad the Hardware is ready for lh faceplate with the software still not ready.

I think the testers said the power adapter was delayed???

Right. It’s time for an update from them.

And keep in mind, We’ve STILL not heard back from PimaxQuorra about the clarifications above requested a few weeks back.

2 Likes

Indeed though they jist had a holiday(not defending) so hopefully he will have something from the team before weeks’ end.

I know you won’t want to hear it, but also they won’t even come close to the angle you’re hoping for. Physics is physics.

Deleted … deleted

You never know with pimax some of there math works out. :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve followed Pimax from their start and bought in with an Artisan and then an 8KX. I’m now happy overall with the 8KX but what a surreal ride it’s been. The amount of BS from the company is absolutely astounding. If any employee of Pimax wants to challenge me on that let’s just start by talking about the 8K wireless module and if that’s not enough we can just work our way down the list! It’s such a shame as I believe their hearts are in the right place trying to create amazing products with more of a focus on the products than profit. On one hand I want people to buy the Crystal so Pimax can work out most of the problems and then at some point release a version that almost works as intended that I may then consider to buy. However, my moral obligation is to advise you to get the idea of buying a Pimax Crystal out of your head for at least a year or so and then re-visit the idea again - comparing against other newly released headsets by then.

4 Likes

Sorry to put this here but the Portal thread is locked.

I’m not sure what’s happening with Portal but here’s a video posted by Pimax.

It’s just so strange how Pimax compare product performance by sitting them side by side and just looking at them. Where’s the detail like FPS? I don’t know why Pimax post such videos.

As far as I can tell Portal has yet to be released and you can’t even add one to the cart on the Pimax store.

As for VR can Portal stream VR games from Steam because I’ve never seen HL Alyx on Portal.

Pimax need to get Portal and Crystal in peoples hands before they try and compare themselves to Index which has been out for 4 years and Steamdeck which came out last year to great reviews.

3 Likes

And, as usual, no official word about prescriptions lenses…

2 Likes

Give me the link and will unlock it.

Not sure why there comparing an Android habd held to a pc handheld. Save a size comparison. lol

As the Steamdeck can do pretty much everything the portal with and without Android emu. Save the VR Switch/cardboard add on.

That they will leave to 3rd parties most likely.

Though as the Crystal shares 53mm Aspherical lenses with the old Pimax 4k model it is possible inserts made for that will work.

Though once ET is working the inserts may interfer with tracking as they implied with Droolon-pi abd was why they never made any after saying there would be.

1 Like