Pimax crystal review

OLED is by no means the ultimate solution… Too many secondary construction sites (drowning black in dark scenes, Mura, etc.) and it’s not cheaper either. I really like the QLED story.

As for the standalone, we fell also on deaf ears with the 12k. Standalone and the associated shop currently seems to be one of Pimax’s main program. Well, the promotion of development is probably tied to certain conditions of the donors.

But in the distant future we might get PCVR only again.

Oled is better than QLED , you can get rid of mura by calibrating each display . I dont care if the hmd costs 3000$/€ , neither does this community here.

As a graphic artist who values natural color representation, I think about it the other way around.

RGB oled provides you better result.
As an owner of Sony a95k and LG32EP950 I absolutely disagree

As far as battery goes Seb came up with this over night

All unnecessary work with these unfinished pre-models. Let’s wait for the polished final version.

I agree. I wish that Pimax had held off on sending out those prototypes to Youtubers. The haters ignore the ‘not final product part’ and latch onto the comments that best suit their vitriol. Oh Well. I’m hoping Pimax gives them all some crow to eat with the final product. Not that that will change the minds of the true Pimax haters. That crowd would boo if Pimax found a cure for cancer.

1 Like

I really hope you’re not forgetting PIMAX’s lack of clear, consistent and accurate communication over the course. They’ve shot themselves in the feet numerous times already, and I’m with complete comfort in saying that some lack of trust and/or overly critical position has been mostly earned upon them.

Yet, here we are, hoping they’ll right the ship and produce a genuinely great product (someday)…

But that’s nothing new. Haven’t experienced anything else since 2018. :wink: In the end, most things turn out well, not everything, but the essentials.

And they have increased with every new HMD. The Artisan, as the latest development, is beyond any doubt.

Well, I can use it in Varjo Desktop and I can use it in e.g. iRacing using aggressive DFR and upscaling.

The alternative, however, would have been buying an Aero in March 23, hardly a sidegrade to the VR-3.

So I’d rather be €800 out of pocket than €2000 and am keeping my fingers crossed that something better comes up within the next 12 months.