Pimax 8kx 3m Club 3D Extension Cable problem snow and picture flikering

No, I think you’ve come to the end of the road, the 2 meter Club 3D is the best of the passive cables. Have you tried each different port, some might have better signal strength? Also, try plugging in the 2nd usb to a good phone charger at the wall rather than extending.

1 Like

i actually just did - no go. i guess ill wait it out for an extension

1 Like

Strange, can’t reply on the other topic anymore so i’m putting this here.

After there was no way to get the Cable Matters DisplayPort Coupler here in Europe i bought the expensive https://www.amazon.de/-/en/LINDY-38415-DisplayPort-1-4-Repeater/dp/B086WWJ6KF but unfortunately it doesnt work with my 10m version of https://www.amazon.de/YIWENTEC-DisplayPort-32-4Gbps-Optical-Flexible/dp/B07S7Z7SR5 so I guess i either have a “problematic” version of the lindy repeater or 10m is simply too much (although working fine with my index and the cablematters active repeater)

I actually dont need the 10m optical DP cable (just got this cheaper on ebay) but i’m not sure if i shall order the 5m optical one aswell now or simply return the Lindy 38415.

Can’t get a clear image with 8kX yet anyhow due to lens problems but thats a different story sigh

1 Like

Soooo, got some good news and bad news.

Bad News 1st:
While there was success with the 5m one in this forum there is no way I could get the 10m fiber Displayport cable to work (although it works fine with the Index, even in 120hz) - So definitively do NOT get this one:

The Good:
As a last resort I took the cheapest 5meter 8k60hz displayport cable I could find for just about 15EUR and it works!

NOTE: The key to success is still the Lindy 38415 which seems currently to be the only active repeater which supports 8k60hz

Sidenote: given the good experience with the Lindy active repeater i’ve also tried a passive coupler from lindy but it still doesnt work like the passive cablematters coupler > fail

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.