the strange thing is they changed name to it “few times”

but It’s very interesting as VR Headset

Last Ones are better than first batches as always

I saw from reviews

And With Artisan they made a real surprise to the community

The headset goes well as Pimax 8K +

So all in all they are improving delivery time and Quality very much

Good Night :partying_face:

The 5k Oled was not a surprise. It was originally an option for an extra $100 on a 5k package during the KS. (I don’t think it was too well known)

1 Like

They demoed first an oled version 5K

They told they Would Have changed this to LCD 5K

But at that time LCD was a special edition

Then they go with 8K

Suddenly They showed 5K + with 8K

and Suddenly they “resumed” :crazy_face: 5K Oled

No one backed 5K Oled and wait for it during Kickstarter campaign

This is my story of Pimax as I remembered it :yawning_face:

Many government entities and other required labs have been closed for months. Our own Pimax offices was shut down for a lengthy period of time as well. The ones that are operating are running very random schedules. Coronavirus has effected this aspect of product release big time. (not just for us but I would imagine large numbers of products are effected as well, the more complex the larger the effect.)

*I would add that when the team started running into to some of those roadblocks they began making further improvements to the design. The final change was in March. This is why the X is by far our most advanced headset. I think this will prove to be a really good thing because had we produced the CES units IMHO we would have wound up with 2 variants of the X like serial 202 was.

That said we have mostly been able to work our way through that and get to the end stage.

17 Likes

Well i was here when things were being fletched out long before the Kickstarter.

The oled was originally an option for an extra $100 due to deciding to focus on Clpl screens. The oled option was pushed back as no one had pledged the extra $100.

The community prior to the Kickstarter suggested making the 5k version with dual Oled Qhd screens. Based in the idea of the pimax b1 model.

3 Likes

Thanks Kevin the 8kx definitely sounds like it will be an amazing headset . I really hope you can elaborate on the delivery schedule soon because it’s starting to feel like another Kickstarter to me :+1:

15 Likes

For me we are saying the same thing.

Well i am glad of pimax work with 8KX

The dalay for a Pimax 8K X backer is huge

But i never complained for it,

I did not ask pimax 5K+ in 2018 because 8K X is a dream for resolution, fov and all the accessories pimax is making now

With wireless will be a super dream.

So the change of Mind of MRTV is something i can’t accept

No one was speaking of distorsions in Pimax forums before his review

and because the economy will go bad in next months

it’s dangerous for Pimax if someone that has a community speak bad of 8K X.

VR need Pimax because there is only Pimax that push VR Hardware

Pimax has 8K, Pimax has FOV, Pimax has Oled, Pimax has 180 hz…

3 Likes

I imagine we will be able to answer that ~Thursday.

15 Likes

That’s great to hear Kevin . I am looking forward to Thursday’s update :+1:

12 Likes

Thank you for clarifying the update. I look forward to hearing more on Thursday.

11 Likes

Yes, TrevorVR and Heliosurge also put great efforts to support the community. We really appreciate much.

10 Likes

@PimaxUSA Interesting update, and thanks again. This ‘NOT FINAL’ 8kX is really working flawlessly here by the way.

@Konger Good to see you, it was nice meeting you at CES and the roadshow.

10 Likes

me too, we have also improved the 8KX at CES. The current 8KX would be stunning. :sunglasses:

16 Likes

Sounds great I can’t wait to see it for myself. :blush:

2 Likes

I am very curious and can’t await my pre-order to arrive as well. Pimax is technology leader…

but please guys, check my support ticket #431
https://community.openmr.ai/t/support-does-not-reply-anymore-431/27420/2

3 Likes

Have you tried checking on your Ticket? For some strange reason no longer receive notifications on responses to my ticket since Apr 7; but do have responses since that notification.

2 Likes

Keep in mind with Wireless we have conflicting info. @SweViver has said wireless is not likely coming to 8kX unless the tech improves greatly.

Mrtv’s viewpoint hasn’t really changed much. Save he has had proper amount of “alone” time to give it a proper evaluation of the Prototype sample received.

3 Likes

Yes I had, thanks though

1 Like

Hi JoCool,

As for the ticket, our support has been looking at your question. They will contact you soon.

B.R.
Konger

5 Likes

8KX and wireless: I take feasibility and potential release dates with a pinch of salt until we are shown a working prototype, but Kevin did update on that.

“…at first, we were telling people that we thought that 8KX would not be able to have full resolution across wireless, but I think we will, and it will also handle all of our Pimax headsets.”

Yes I know. think :roll_eyes:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/summary-of-mrtv-live-special-with-kevin-pimaxusa-some-great-info-for-people-who-havent-watched/15910

5 Likes