Pimax 8K X Delivery Dates

No a recap was posted. Konger mentioned a schedule.

5 Likes

Maybe you can ask them for a schedule.

3 Likes

I think we should just wait until May 1st before demanding a schedule. My guess is they are withholding some information to not spoil the surprise of the big event.

1 Like

They have two new headsets :hugs:

3 Likes

I think Pimax is afraid to announce any schedules anymore in case of a drawback.
Maybe best to wait for the Pimax day 3 or whatever it’s going to be called.

6 Likes

They are witholding info so they can say everything is ontrack with the unpublished schedule.

Considering the May event has no released date either.

3 Likes

This is just the same info we’ve known. @PimaxQuorra Can we get clarification of what this means, why is it delayed further, and when does it look like the first batch will start shipping out?

2 Likes

Pimax have learned that sometimes you can go faster by going slow

This is because they are making these small batch sample unit

Perhaps @PimaxUSA could explain something about these batch sample units:
the first was 24 March to run a performance test
@Sweviver and you were glad of results
another batch sample units will be 27-30 april 2030 for verifying defects (hardware/software)

a) What means “User version will be release after scored the requirement” ?
b) Is this procedure new for Pimax 8K X or Pimax 8K+, artisan, 5k+ got the same ?

PS Pimax with Comfort Kit is the only headset for Vr gamers with glasses
If you have for September/october a Pimax 8K X with eye tracking inside
that keeps intact this characteristic (a new housing to accomodate the eye tracking ?) please make an upgrade plan for Old 2017 8K X Backers at Pimax day 3.

3 Likes

That update today from Quarra doesnt make a lick of sense. I think they have put incorrect months in the pictures…

1 Like

Let’s not be all that negative. I’m sure good things are coming up.

3 Likes

I agree whoever generated this update probably is not an English speaker and yeah some of it is hugely confusing. We will try to make it clearer.

In the meantime we’re trying to say with some photos and other information that we are testing numerous samples both electrically, via full assembly and running all sorts of scenarios to verify the designs integrity. The X is USB powered (which is new) and includes a much newer iteration of the electronics that have been iterated and improved since September 2019.

I remember when I saw what might have been the first (or one of the first) X headset samples. It was missing the housing and I didn’t know what it was but when I put it on knew immediately it was seeing next gen visuals. I went and grabbed Marcin who said he had also found it and tried it earlier in the day.

It’s great to be able to produce so many samples and iteration has continued through a number of variants since the December devices that were used for CES (and the ones seen on youtube etc.).

Now the samples are very, very polished as are the other materials like the packaging. The slides is saying that the inspections are planned to wrap up on the 30th.

14 Likes

I think thats what they meant to say - final batch for testing is monday - thursday next week and if they get the right results, theyll start building the final ones.
But again, we’re not getting a clear timeline.
This seems to put back the first shipment batch at least a few weeks to a month away, because it means they haven’t started to build the ones for mass production yet.

6 Likes

As a native English speaker you can probably provide us the exact dates of mass production starting, mass shipping starting to backer/pre-orders etc.

11 Likes

Short: Outside China I believe US will be served first.

Long:
For Coronavirus Logistic is in the chaos

You see: Warehouse closing; Delivery are very slow; Tracking is bad; Parcels go back
Then think that every country has different situations to verify for Pimax

The small “last delay” is all Time earned:

Shipping will come back to normal
and If Pimax could make 100 Mas, put them together with Pimax 8K X in the same box

This will be a big shot for Pimax .

PS And Perhaps there will be some surprise at Pimax day 3, this need some time

2 Likes

Nobody can provide that. When you move through staged test assembly, electrical testing, emissions and material certifications and more it’s just not possible to predict items that are revealed during that process. It’s not like providing airline schedules. For example: when you send a device to a lab for emissions testing for example they proceed at their own pace and only provide time frames before you can go for the cert.

I will say most of the procedural items are either complete or waiting for reports. Because a lot the procedural 3rd party test occur prior to panelizing the board the fact that we went ahead with that step tells you the level of confidence in the results.

After the first batch goes out to customers then we CAN begin to provide much more detailed data. Once the fallout is determined the numbers become much more predictable over time.

8 Likes

So then you agree Pimax shouldn’t have setup Pre Orders with any of the scheduled release dates - November 2019, December 2019, January 2020 or March 2020.

At least this can be a lesson to avoid launching premature pre order sales. At least without stating clearly releasing in 3 to 8 months.

13 Likes

For the record I (and Marcin) have no input in pre-order money collection and can tell you that Marcin and I have voiced strong opinions on this.

13 Likes

Yes I don’t remember reading any of these procedural delays when Pimax originally said they would ship the 8kx last December .

5 Likes

Then what your suggesting is even worst communication issues as Head Marketing Directors and COO usually are involved in these kinds of decisions.

12 Likes

These pics remind me of the good old days (or bad) when we used to analyse pics of cardboard boxes full of 5k+ headsets about to be shipped out .

5 Likes