Pimax 8k plus not working with game

I just received my 8k plus. But i try to start dcs world and all then i can see is 2 white rectangle overlapping each order. Probably a software issue because it work well in the steam vr lobby but not the game.

Someone have an idea?

3 Likes

I’ve seen old posts about DCS doing that on various VR headsets when supersampling in the game’s settings was set too high, try lowering that if it’s higher than 1.0, maybe try lowering the quality in Pitool.

8 Likes

Yeah I remember something also - go PiTool < =1.0, I would try .75. Similar in steam.
Also might try normal FOV first. Set the in Game Settings to the suggested VR values.
Start scaling up one by one.

3 Likes

Hi Alain, now that you received the 8K Plus could you post a review of the headset?

I live in Canada too, pre-ordered on Nov 21st and am wondering, when did you pre-order the 8K plus? And did Pimax send you tracking number/notification?

2 Likes

I ordered 4th November. SO5690. Got tracking number today.

3 Likes

Not the OP, but I just received an email from pimax support saying that my 8k+ has already been shipped (tracking number available soon). If I hadn’t contacted them myself, I would have never known. BTW, I preordered on November 1st and I live in th US.

1 Like

I preorder mine the 12 of november, they send me email with tracking number tne 25 of december, received it january 7.
The construction and material is very nice. Came in a nice box. Everything seem hi quality. The only thing is it wont work in games

1 Like

It doesn’t work with ANY games? Or just some games?

2 Likes

With dcs world ant project car 2.
Its the only gsmes i play and the 2 don’t work

We need more information to be able to help.
System, specs, Software versions, driver versions, parameters you set up in PiTool, steamvr and the games…

4 Likes

… and exactly what “didn’t work”? :wink:

Are we talking weird looking image? Parallel Projections option not ticket maybe?

2 Likes

Screenshots :slight_smile: - is it the same in the HMD and the Screen Mirror?

1 Like

Il post my spec tonight. In the screen i see the game but in the pimax i see 2 big white square overlapping each other. And they almost fill all my field of vision.
When im in the steam lobby everything work fine

2 Likes

That sounds really weird. If You haven’t already, I would try to disconnect the headset completely (incl. power), then “drain” any leftover power by pressing the power button a few times.

I’ve experienced weird glitches a few times on the 5K+ and they were “fixed” like that and/or restarting the service (can be done by pressing “Diagnose” then “Restart Service” in the Status tab of PiTool or using the “Restart Service” button in the bottom of the HMD tab (only shown when the headset is connected/initialized though, while the diagnose button/link is only shown when it’s not)… :wink:

2 Likes

In one corner ofvthe white square i see this

2 Likes

here my spec
rysen 3900
rtx 2080 driver ver 441.87
32g ram
windows 10

nvidiasetting2 nvidiasetting1

Annotation%202020-01-09%20162547aa Annotation%202020-01-09%20162547c Annotation%202020-01-09%20162547b

1 Like

i have try to completly deconnect all cable and power let drain and still the same

2 Likes

You should try creating a ticket and get @Asales to contact You then (You can post Your ticket number here to make them hopefully pick it up faster). Might need a remote (TeamViewer) session with one of the tech guys… :thinking:

1 Like

Do you have lighthouses?
Your steam refreshrate says 72hz, but Pitool 90hz.

4 Likes