Pimax 8k plus not working with game

No lighthouse Im counting on the integrated gyro because i only use flight sim and race car

1 Like

Try other games if they have the same problem ?

3 Likes

Everthing works now
Contrary as what they say you absolutly need lighthouse to get it work.
The internal gyro is not enouth for DCS world

7 Likes

Nope I played a long time without LightHouses, itā€™s not perfect for sure since some DOFā€™s are just missing but works

• but now that you mentioned it, I did have an issue once where it put my location somewhere into nowhere - like early Games where you clipped into some no gaming are. Think that was fixed with resetting the room setup stuff
2 Likes

Yes you are right MReis
It must bee that! Probablement i was outside the game and by making room setup everything works fine.
Thans all for the support

5 Likes

I donā€™t mean to hijack this post, but why have 3 prominent VR youtubers that received a pimax 8k+ back in November not released any further videos or reviews regarding the headset? Aside from Voodoo VR, both MRTV and Tyriel both received a working 8k+ and had mostly good things to say about the headset. MRTV claims to be unbiased, but his lack mentioning and/or comparing the 8k+ to current headsets is alarming. For MRTV, itā€™s either the 8kx or an Index. MRTV, why arenā€™t you comparing the headset you have rightnow (8k+ minus the comfort kit and MAS) to current headsets?

That is alarming indeed! How dare I not compare it with every headset I have?

It seems you have not done your research all too well before hijacking this post. I have received a pre-production model that does not have the final panels and therefore I do not want to do anymore reviews/comparisons with this device. It is that simple.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s a fair point, about not having the final product model, and I donā€™t mean to come of as hostile, but you were at CES and from the videos Iā€™ve seen, there was very little mention of the 8k+. Iā€™m a subscriber to your channel and I generally do enjoy your VR coverage, but the lack of media coverage of the 8k+ in general is very disappointing.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s because the 8K+ is not as exciting as the 8KX. Sure, the 8K+ is nice, but itā€™s not groundbreaking.

1 Like

Alright, no hard feelings. There was just really no excitement about the 8K Plus. There was one to show off how great movies look in the headset, and indeed, movies look amazing in the 8K Plus. But other than that, I only saw 8K X, Artisan and 5K Super.

6 Likes

Alain, I too am focused entirely on DCS world and Iā€™m dying to know how well you can read the gauges with the 8K Plus.

If you have the Huey, could you load into it, reset your view and tell me what gauges you can read and what you cannot read? If you do not have the Huey please use an aircraft you do have and do the same. I would be extremely grateful. Please PM me if you donā€™t have the Huey, I have a copy of it on a second account for upcoming multi-crew and might be able to get you to log in that if you are willing.

Also, how much shimmer you get from DCS trees and scenery? I just sold my Index but need to decide on the 8K Plus or 8K X.

Any other DCS pilots who have their 8K Plus already Iā€™d love to chat with you as well. I guess I should make a thread if I can, Iā€™m brand new here.

Thanks

I have open a new thread for discution about dcs world vs pimax.
I will try to answer your question today

I donā€™t have a huey. I fly f18 and a10
My spec is rysen 3900, rtx 2080 32g ram
I bought the 8k plus because i play 90% DCS and dcs is not 4k so for me spending 300$ us more for the native 4k isnā€™t necessary.
After playing with it for two weeks i can say my spec is the trick minimum tu enjoy it and still i have to sacrifice some setting. With my setting it very fluid no stuttering at all a low level. Ihave to lower the oversampling at 0.9 but even a that setting the quality is better then my sansung odyssey. I can easily read gage. But the small gage in the a10 i canā€™t read text without getting close. But i gave to make some tradeoff to keep the game without stuttering. Im waiting for the next gen videocard for next summer. With these im sure i will gave the best of both world

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Being able to read the numbers on all gauges was what I meant, so thank you for the answer. =)

Not sure what you mean by DCS is not 4K though, you certainly can run it at 4K if you have the hardware.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.