Pimax 8K & 5K+ Performance Boost & Improved rendering with new update!

Silly question, but have you and Thomas (and other testers) compared nVidia driver versions on your rigs? In the past there have been weird resolution issues that sort themselves out (or show up) across driver versions.

Probably a small factor, but might be worth checking out if you haven’t.

1 Like

I have the drivers 399.07

@VoodooDE @SweViver in Berlin didn’t people say the actual game setting resolution affected clarity of image, at least in IL2?
Have you tried messing with in game resolution or in game super sampling if available?
Certainly something funky going on somewhere if image quality is lessened at higher res.

2 Likes

Have you seen differences in clarity between driver versions? I wouldn’t think so because I don’t think Nvidia / AMD have a Pimax to play around with…

Nope nothing that I have noticed

Hmm I have the newest driver 411.63 ^^

Ist the 4xx.xx that came out last nite only for 2080 Tisch cards?

ohoh i knew it Germans always update ASAP

2 Likes

How about Nvidia control panel settings, do you both have them default?

1 Like

He will get a 2080Ti, not the 2080

I always have everything on default and nothing overclocked

2 Likes

If something works, then I dont update until I know there is an advantage to update :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yes, thats right, always newest version xD

2 Likes

Legendary german reability and stability :sunglasses:

Never touch a running system …
I just can’t stick to that but it’s always true …

3 Likes

No OC on GPU??
You gain a other 15% at least going boost

I OC the shit out of my system lol… i paid for it do deliver!

12 Likes

I know, but I never was fan of OC, I’ve always been a fan of standard settings ^^

4 Likes

Yeah different eyeballs.

This is the same thing with telescopes eyepieces, there are numbers on paper and those for your own eyes.
Not everyone is telling you the same thing about eye pieces, its very personal…and even more than that, youngers can see things differently that olders because of the eye aperture size for example.

Helpful to consider these details. Probably no bearing on resolution issues, but FPS discrepancies for sure…

1 Like

Both of you make sure you have Nvidia control panel settings set to “Maximum performance” rather than the DEFAULT that is assigned again every few driver updates, “Optimal Power”.

Nvidia control panel > 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings > Program settings > Select SteamVR or Pimax runtime > Power Management Mode “Prefer Maximum Performance”

@SweViver @VoodooDE

7 Likes