Pimax 5k, Ligthouse Tracking flashing on/off

When I turned on my Pimax 5k for the first time, I had this problem but it disapeared after I rebooted the headset, now even that does not help. First hour on the headset was fine when lighthouse tracking was working. Now I can’t get the lighthouse tracking working or connect with the headset at all.

Headset keeps connecting/disconnecting with lighthouse tracking turned on. Flashing between connected and not tracking. Tried changing USB port and reinstalling software.

1 Like

Sorry to hear. Perhaps one of the other backers with lighthouses might have some ideas.

If not submit a support ticket via link in banner topic.

@anon74848233 please add to earlybackers group.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am looking trough all the issues that might have caused by the same problem.
https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-to-solve-disconnect-or-not-tracked-of-headset-base-station-controller-randomly-image-follow-head-although-not-use-base-station-pitool-91/11776?u=bubbleball

Going trough this and testing things as we speak.

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the power to the headset, this will switch the headset on. Do not touch the on/off button.

1 Like

Tried some of the fixes, headset still flashing like mad between tracking and not tracking.

1 Like

Have you tried what I said?

1 Like

Yeap, no change. Still issues prevails.

1 Like

Instead of disconnecting the power, pull the cable a little out of the headset (you have to wiggle it a bit and at the same time pull gently) and then push it back in again. Again do not touch the on/off switch.

I had the same problem for a long time and this is what I now do as I think that there is something very wrong with my on/off switch. This works fine for me so if this doesn’t work for you it must be a different problem.

1 Like

If this works then it might be a problem with the power, you and I should get replacement parts for that, trying it now.

Also do do you mean the power from within the headset, or cable next to the USB/DP? if within the headset, how do I open the headset case?

1 Like

I am getting a replacement, just waiting for after sales to contact me. I mean the main cable that connects to the headset. It can be pulled out with a little bit of difficulty, wiggle it and pull, you don’t have to open anything.

1 Like

Allright, trying now. I wonder how many people end up having the same problem that there is an issue with the cable.

1 Like

Please send me ID&password of teamviewer when you are available.
I saw your ticket number is supen-1459,right?

1 Like

Yeah thats right, I just did a ticket just in case.
I need to setup my teamviewer for you, hold up.

I reconnected the power today and I again had stability problems so I did this and now my headset is completely stable for 4 hours.

1 Like

Sadly my problem is still there even after reconnecting the cable.

Please send your id&password to that ticket,I will connect to you soon.

1 Like

I curious what your problem is then.

2 Likes

My new replacement headset still not get updated by remoting, I found problem like this and I have to do all method for a lot of time, always delete lighthouse folder’s file and restart PiToolService for a lot of time until it work.

Try to change usb too.

1 Like

@Doman.Chen maybe you should post the instructions to fix this issue , rather than remote access the backers PC one by one, or one after another.

3 Likes

My m1 had the same issue, and the only workaround was Windows initialization

2 Likes