PE 0.74 Bugs Report

@SweViver @arminelec

Please check this Reddit topic. A user has reported some issues he has experienced.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pimax/comments/k509uz/pe_074_beta_pitool_102087_v20/gef8ft1?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share&context=3

I would reccommend closing old PE version Bug topics(you can use Your Leader Level to close topics)

Have closed a couple of Topics marked Solved.

3 Likes

Yep gotta start to catch up a little…
Thanks

2 Likes

@arminelec @SweViver fantastic work, i only have a problem with Skyrim SKSE, after importing when i start it up it closes right away. Am i doing something wrong?

1 Like

@arminelec and there is a problem with the color profiles.
When i save the different colorchannels of a game in a profile and start, all colorchannels always revert back to the common settings. This way it’s unusable for me.
For example when i set the main contrast en brightness to +1 and -5
And save a profile for a game for example Red -2 Blue 3 Green 0
When starting a game all channels will be +1 and -5 from the main settings

1 Like

@arminelec

Thanks for looking into it, where can i find the log files?
and should i just post it in the PE 0.74 bugs report tread?

1 Like

Logs are located here:

C:\Users\<YourUserHere>\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\Pimax VR Experience

Here is a bit more description:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-vr-experience-0-74-0-0-discussion/33583/48?u=arminelec

2 Likes

Just a suggestion to have link in PE to export log to Desktop or target folder.

1 Like

Hi @SweViver ! As requested by @arminelec copy pasted my problem here so it is easier for you to follow.

“Sorry for keeping you waiting. Was hoping the problem to resolve with newest PE Version but still there with PE 0.74-0-0. Please check. I hope it is on me and easy to fix. Thx in advance!”

2 Likes

I had to make appdata folder visible first.

1 Like

Thanks! I see in the logs a Steam language related issue happening in PE. Which language is your system or the Steam Client running as?

1 Like

Hi. I will have to check it and let you know tomorrow as today I am not at my olace anymore. good night and thx!

2 Likes

Hi Armin & Marcin!
Steam language was set to german but even changing it to english doesn’t make my steam library reappear in PE. funny, it happend suddenly without changing/installing something as far as I know.
I would try to make a true clean reinstallation of pitool and PE. Whats the best and sure way to do that? Any other recommodation are also welcome!

Also, Image on my 8kx keeps freezing on different games after about 15 minutes. I read avout similar issues before. Any ideas about that?
THX!

1 Like

ok! thanks for sharing that!

Make sure you quit PE and PiTool before removing any of these folders.
Make a backup of the folders mention below, if you wish, and remove them completely.

• To uninstall PE only: Run the Uninstall.exe in PE installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome). You can also remove the whole folder, without running the Uninstaller.

• PE data:
    C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\Pimax VR Experience

• PiTool game manifest and profile data:
    C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\PiTool\manifest

• PiTool config/data:
    C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Pimax\PiTool

I look forward to see what your result would be after a fresh install!

I do not own an 8kx yet, so I cannot comment on that. But I’ll ask @SweViver in case he might know something about it.

2 Likes

Hi Armin!

Thx mate! It worked! I deleted those folders and also PiTool folder, then reinstalled PiTool and PE and stream library is now showing again! :slightly_smiling_face:
thx a lot! :beers:

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear! I hope your experience improves with the new 0.80.0.0.

2 Likes

Does the sliders “Distance” and “Scale” not clickable with mouse to adjust is a know bug? ^^
But its very good, time for me to make a video about it!

The sliders only work when you are in full-screen mode, by clicking the button next to the sliders (with four arrows).

I look forward to watch it!:slight_smile:

2 Likes