Pay more and get both headsets?

Deciding between 5k+ and 8k is too hard. Have there been any discussion about the possibility to pay more and get both headsets?

I’ve backed 8k and I would like to get both as I believe both have their use cases. 8k for movies and 5k+ for games.

6 Likes

it wouldn’t definitely bad if Pimax offered his backers also to buy the other headset at the kickstarter price.

2 Likes

I have inquired about this as well. I would add to my KS just so I could then have both to pick from or keep if the experiences are geared differently. Could gift or sell the reject of the 2 once decided if needed as well.

A few of us have asked this repeatedly over the last few days but guy’s
You will not get an answer on a weekend. That’s not how it works here

1 Like

I’d be keen for this.

I’m now in for the 5k+ because i trust the 3 testers but i would buy the two headsets right away just to be shure, The thing is we can reason al the results and preferences from the testers but its different feeling the experience of the headset, and if pimax could have production problems to deliver now, it would be fine by me if they would send the other one later.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind that either. Getting one now and another later.

1 Like

The question. Would backers be okay if pimax said yes but without stretch goal items. Headset or full package at ks price but no extras on the addon headsets & would be filled after backers initial orders.

Keep in mind only an idea they might consider & not necessarily do.

4 Likes

yes the headset only would be fine, no ks addons is reasonable in this case as it would be an extra service from pimax.

3 Likes

No addons needed. I would be happy just to get the both headsets.

2 Likes

Damnn ya’ll rich AF :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Yes… I would be ok with that because it would seem fair… but since I’m fairly certain I’m going to switch from the 8K to the 5K+… the HMD I would like to add is the 8K-x… not the 8K.

1 Like

No don’t sell more headsets. The only people who should be allowed are the 8kx backers keeping the loaner.

1 Like

8k-X 400 units spoken for. So not an option offered. 5k\5k+\8k.

No. Dont sell more Headsets. I dont want to wait longer than necessary (High backer number).
Also let PIMAX sell headsets for profit as soon as possible. I want this company to succeed.

4 Likes

If they did. Then those would come after backers like yourself receive your initial order.

3 Likes

I think I might like an option to get into the 8kX action at a KS price. That would help get the next generation going for an “affordable” price…
Or an option for the 8k, but only after production was ramped up enough to start getting to normal retail.

8k-X’s 400 limited run spoken for. Go with whst is offered. Experimental prototype is not available.

Yes for backers once the 8k-X releases an upgrsde might be purchaseable but not known. With backer paying & sending their 8k in.

That’s kinda of an odd statement considering that ALL the kickstarter HMD’s have been spoken for!!!

They don’t actually have a production schedule for any 8k-X’s do they? I was thinking of it more as in another “kickstarter” campaign. Heck, the 2080’s shouldn’t even be able to run one!

Hah! You’re not getting mine! I’ll add money but you ain’t getting my Pimax out of me without prying it from my cold, dead, head! :imp:

1 Like