Official Pimax Now QUESTIONS ONLY Thread (Event on June 29th)

Since I’ve now been waiting four times longer than I was lead to believe for delivery of the 8KX headset I preordered, would you extend to me and other folks who preordered the same kind of consideration that you give to backers? How about a discount to upgrade to Sword Sense controllers or eye tracking or any number of other things? And how about honoring the veteran’s discount and free silicone sleeve that was on your site when I preordered?

2 Likes

Is Pimax planning on pitool having a built a in tool to help users determine their IPD and IPD offset? Especially with the eye tracking module.

4 Likes

I’ve been concerned about this since the kickstarter was first announced with all those different accessories. Not being able to stack modules will potentially become a huge issue (If said modules are ever released) so I second this question and would like to see it talked about. Will we be be able to use more than 2 modules at a time? Like for instance eye tracking, hand tracking and wireless?

3 Likes

Adding to that: Modularity is one of the big selling points of the Pimax series after all. As the first version of the handtracking modules won’t support passthrough, the necessity appears to be an afterthought and thus the decision to drop the port might be a more recent one? So yes, a rationale for the ommission of the second USB-C port would be important. (*)
In case the current 8kX is just a stop-gap, to be replaced within a few (< 6-12) months: Can 8kX pledgers decide to wait for the more well-rounded version?

(*) In case my assumption is right that the new board revision of the 8kX is already designed to use the second port internally for the eye-tracking module and it wasn’t considered worthwhile to create a separate PCB that provides an external USB port anymore just for the existing Kickstarter backers and preorder people: Can we just upgrade from the “8kX Special Limited Edition” without the internal eye-tracking to the full version right away, so no external cable workaround will be necessary?

5 Likes

Good point! Additional to a wizard to set up the hardware IPD settings: Will the new PiTool/drivers/firmware that makes use of the eye tracking module already contain dynamic distortion profile optimization (like done e.g. in the StarVR)?

2 Likes

Hi,

In addition to the IPD adjustment in Pitool, I would like to see a feature which would allow to adjust the vertical and horizontal offsets to obtain the perfect sweet spot.

Something like different colored crosshairs for each individual eye and then for both eyes combined.

1 Like

Will DFR work with next gen AMD graphic cards(ex. Big Navi)?

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pimax Now Event Discussion (merged)

I am very interested in the wireless solution for Pimax, because after finally getting the full kit (a couple of days ago actually) I’ve realized that I hate the freaking wire.

2 Likes

Use this https://external-preview.redd.it/jhBORpLJ-_2y1IN7CFZt3xWLA5B-TFPuMGjZfz-D4Lc.jpg?auto=webp&s=454ff38046b142de9d05b3a352ab8fc8c922abed

Copy to : C:\Program Files\Pimax\Runtime\resource\

Rename to: pimax_default.jpg (Save the Original Image if you need, but come with pitool Update )

This replace the Standard Pimax Logo and you can adjust ipd and offset.

Have found this here in some threads, and it works …

4 Likes

To Late … … . . … … . . … . .Edited

I suppose those backers who have already ordered a comfort kit and/or silicon sleeve would probably be best just trying to resell them since we’re going to get them in the Backer Rewards Package anyway.

I like the idea of the Backer Package so I’m still pretty satisfied with it, but I imagine it isn’t worth the hassle of trying to return already-ordered products, especially if they were ordered with the $100 coupons.

3 Likes

I got a mention on the q and a lol. I accept I may just be exceptionally unlucky but here we are. I do play about 2 hours a day every day so I’m quite a heavy user.

JFYIs (Martin, Kevin) I’m still waiting for a cable on ticket 2713.

I have tried all the things, reseating the cable, ports, etc.

With most of the faulty cables I’ve had they start the session well, but then the sparkles get much worse with time. They will almost never go away or get better through a session, but powering the headset off and then on again will improve things. I don’t know if it’s just confirmation bias but things seemed to get worse, quicker, during the hot weather we had in the UK a few days ago.

I still have all of the cables and they are definately all different. Some are terrible, but some, like the one I am using at the moment, only slowly get worse and are fine to start. No two cables perform exactly the same. Otherwise I’d suspect the HMD port or similar.

3 Likes

Your case was funny :smiley:
So how many cables do you have now ? :grin:

1 Like

Having watched the Pimax Day videos, I guess the answer to my question is they inted to bundle the base-stations in the same parcel as my stretch-goal items. It would have been SOOOOOOO much better if they had simply stated that much earlier.

2 Likes

Thank you for this great event!

@PimaxUSA will it be possible to buy the stretch-goal backer package with DMAS instead of KDMAS? I opt-out when ordering 8kX.

Edit Here is Sweviver answer for those interested : “we have to discuss this with the team in our daily meetings. Later this week, there will be more clarifications and confirmations regarding all the backer opt-outs and different options.”

1 Like

if you sent me a replacement cable in may and i still don’t have it, will it be the same with stretch goals, will we receive them 2 month later with a ‘please be patient’ ?
Still waiting by the way.
also :
When can I get my modular audio strap?
When can I get my cooling fans?
When is the wireless module coming out?
What can I order with the 100$ downgrade discount?
Are you refunding import fees?
What about the brainwarp 2.0?
What is going on with the stretch goals we unlocked 2 years and a half ago?

1 Like

Did you really watch the NOW Event video and the Q&A, @Jean-Mehdi?

5 Likes

When can I get my modular audio strap? August, if not by october you can claim $150 refund to paypal - includes new “kickstarter DMAS” edition
When can I get my cooling fans? cancelled
When is the wireless module coming out? not until 2021
What can I order with the 100$ downgrade discount? anything made by pimax
Are you refunding import fees?
What about the brainwarp 2.0? cancelled
What is going on with the stretch goals we unlocked 2 years and a half ago? new backer “stretch goal” package will be shipped in August, if not received by October you can claim $150 refund to paypal

4 Likes