Pimax Now Event Discussion (merged)

Agreed moved earlier messages to a pm. Looks like I missed one.

2 Likes

@PimaxUSA @Heliosurge
Sorry guys. What he’s been upto this week pushed me over the limit. Have my alarm set for the event. Pre orders in!

5 Likes

Since it won’t be addressed in the event, I’d like to ask about this chipset.

It sounds like Pimax are shooting for a single Wireless Model to cover the KS Series and the Vision Series. Excellent! I presume that the 8kX will be the system pushing the envelope for data throughput. I therefore assume that this throughput demand is so high it requires this new chipset.

My question is this: is this new chipset able to handle the 8kX’s throughput with ample headroom, or is it still pushing the envelope of what is possible, and may struggle once production quality is tested?

5 Likes

Any idea whether that stuff is likely to have a smooth road ahead of itself RFI classification-wise? :7

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say the same oled panels as pimax is using Qhd panels of which there is better Qhd OIed panels that run at 90hz.

But yes they indeed do need to add adjustments that ca maybe improve the XRcolours.O

You’re right I forgot the 2560.
Anyway, such bad color rendition on this XR is such a deception !

1 Like

I thought you were offered discounts on almost every kind of upgrade including upgrading to the 8KX. Since I’ve already been waiting four times longer than I was lead to believe for delivery of the headset, I would think that Pimax might consider also offering me some upgrade discounts such as for Sword Sense controllers or eye tracking. On a side note, when I preordered, Pimax was offering a veteran’s discount and a free silicone sleeve. When I finally got in touch with somebody at Pimax after the buttons for those items didn’t work on the preorder site, I was told that the veteran’s discount and the free sleeve didn’t apply to the 8KX even though there was no indication of that on the site. PimaxUSA (Kevin?), I hope you’re also reading this.

Its not an option for pre-orders either, at least pre-orders more then 6 months ago.

Check it again after the event…

4 Likes

Nope it was just trading/giving up backed items and stretch goals. As for wait? KS Backers have been waiting since backing in fall of 2017 with delivery originally expect in early 2018 for headsets and summer of 2018 for accessories. Timetables have not been very successful as only headset and 2 of 3 pieces of content were delivered with only recently Lighthouses by request being shipped to backers.

Only thing that can be said is hopefully the monday show helps brings more things closer to a conclusion.

3 Likes

It would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck which could chuck wood could chuck, what kinda question is that?

1 Like

Nah we don’t need to wear anything but hmd.

2 Likes

Anyway we could get one of the new box`s the Pimax now comes in, the one the Mas fit into while attached to the HMD.

Sorry for stupid question, but when does the event starts in GMT time? How many hours from now? Is it a live broadcast or just an announcements to this site?

Thank you.

1 Like

2pm EST is 7pm GMT.

20 chars

3 Likes

youtube, sweviver’s channel

1 Like

WTF is a ‚veteran‘s discount‘?

1 Like

Google will tell You what the local time is:
https://www.google.com/search?q=2pm+est

Actually, should have been a response to @Kamppis:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I guess the term “veteran’s discount” might confuse some people. In the USA, to honor the sacrifices our military veterans have made and as a sign of respect for their risking the loss of their lives for our country, many companies offer a “veteran’s discount.” Pimax was offering just such a discount when I preordered my 8KX. Just a bit of additional information here. I’m not trying to be confrontational, and I’m not trying to make you feel bad. I’m a former sailor, so I’m very familiar with foul language. But, many people find the phrase “WTF” distasteful and disrespectful even when only using the first letters. To me, it almost sounds like you’re saying, I shouldn’t be inquiring about such a thing as a veteran’s discount, that it’s bold or pushy of me to do so. Perhaps you’ve never faced the danger of losing your life for your country. Perhaps you meant none of this in your wording, but it only causes confusion. Using only the word “what” would have worked better.

2 Likes