NoloVR and Pimax

Have you got no patience? Just a week to wait… patience, young padawan, patience :wink:

1 Like

Since Pimax is mostly copied OSVR code, you might be very right here.

1 Like

They say patience is a virtue :slight_smile: However people pre-ordered the NOLO because they were told it would work with Pimax. Now they’ve received their headsets and it doesn’t work. They were mislead and have all the right to be angry.

1 Like

v1.2x drivers are developed based on v1.1.92, but with more functions as well as better compatibility. The direction is to make Pimax an open system that compatible with more and more VR content platforms and new accessories. There are bugs and trade-offs during the journey, what we do is to update the software fast, and provide both official release and beta versions on the new website (launch this week).

the team is happy to know what matters to you, do not hesitate to share your comments with the support team(support@pimaxvr.com, both skype and email).

The plan is to release a PiPlay version this Friday to make Nolo works. We will have a meeting today, and push the project every day this week to make it happen.

2 Likes

Thanks a stack for the update. We are all hoping that the Nolo integration works really well :slight_smile:

thanks for the update. Let’s hope for the best!

Has anyone heard anything about those who pre-ordered Nolo through their website?

I cannot join their forums, and they will not contact me back. Been trying to get a response from somebody for over a week now. Considering they advertise Pimax compatibility, I don’t know how trustworthy the June expected delivery is… they better ship soon or tell us what happened to our money.

I pre-ordered Nolo long time ago. I could join the forum naturally, but no signs of any kind from them yet. I payed with PayPal, so I have the evidence of payment, and I have 180 days to open a resolution at paypal if it is the case. But I suggest patience until July, maybe close to the end of July.

I have made the preorder at the beginning of that month. I received an email from Mr. Jay Wang, Marketing Manager of LYRobotix Co. He asked me to resend my data again: name, address, nation, zip code… "Your order will be shipping around 15th of June! (Tracking Number will send you after 3-5 days, do not worry) ", he wrote.
But I have not received anything yet. No news.

July? When they say June for expected delivery, they should communicate if that changes.

July is not good, I might be having a mass career change, so I likely will not be available at all for several months to a year, and those over at Nolo won’t contact me, I’m guessing cause they don’t want to refund. I’d understand if they pushed the delivery back if they had mentioned something weeks ago, but waiting until July to say ‘it’s coming in July’ is like, gee I don’t know, saying Pimax compatibility will be there at launch but changing it to after launch once it launches.

I’m fed up with company ‘technical honesty’, also known as deceit or dishonesty., too many businesses follow this practice.

Everyone knows that kickstarter is most of the time not reliable on the final shipping time (production issues, …). See Why 84% of Kickstarter's top projects shipped late .If it would never work, then they could be angry… but nolo is adressing the issue. They will ship the software corrections with pimax. Iknow it’s frustrating (i dont have mine shipped yet), but I can wait… you can too :wink:

Im constantly hitting the F5 button of my browser to see the new PiPlay version with the NOLO fix. Can’t wait! :slight_smile:

PiSetup_1.2.85_x64.exe is released on the Download Section from NOLO VR.

Can someone please make the download available on MEGA or somewhere else. I cant download from Baidu :confused:

Hi friend, I’m uploading now, it would be released in few minutes. :slight_smile:

Hi guys, please kindly move to this post http://community.openmr.ai/t/hello-nolo-piplay-nolo-customized-driver-beta-version-piplay-1-2-85/2311

I think there are quite a good matching.