NoloVR and Pimax

Odd? Yes. Surprising? Not really, Pimax hasn’t quite been great at their driver game recently.

Aren’t the Nolo drivers still in beta? If so, it might explain things a bit. I’m willing to give Pimax and Nolo time, but once the pre-ordering crowd gets their devices, there isn’t much excuse for non-functioning drivers.

Time to wait again, I guess.

Thanks for the update @PIMAX-Support!

Tings are very simple: on the Nolo VR site is write that it works with Pimax. There are also videos on Youtube made by them. On the Pimax site and forum, it is written that they are compatible. I spent 330 € for the pimax and 230 € for Nolo VR. That is almost as much as you can spend for the oculus rift. If I would found out that Pimax 4k and nolo VR are not compatible, I would feel cheated!
I decided to buy the Nolo VR for many reasons: add the positional tracking and replace the bad motion tracking of the pimax; Have controllers similar to those of oculus and vive; Have greater compatibility with Steam VR.
560 € are too mutch to have systems that do not work well, which are in beta, that need to be tested. Unless Pimax and Nolo don’t say it CLEARLY before.
I hope that for the delivery of my Nolo VR everything will be resolved. I did not have pay so much money to become a tester of products that are not yet ready for the market. I DEMAND product that simply WORKS! It is not difficult to understand.

Your expectations are definitely reasonable. For the total cost, one would expect products that integrate seamlessly, especially when they are advertised as compatible. So far I’ve enjoyed using my Pimax, but there are issues that make me think that i would probably consider the next gen Rift instead of a new gen Pimax as some issues, like the poor tracking and severe ghosting and detection issues. They arent resolved for the 4k unit. If Pimax get their side sorted, then i would perhaps consider their next hmd, but as it stands, i do have some reservations. That being said, i holding thumbs that it all gets sorted so that we can get top quality

1 Like

like i use to say “the best is coming”.

Thanks to the updated NOLO OSVR driver, NOLO is now available on HDK 1.4.
I hope that Pimax drivers will be updated soon.

Pimax must update the drivers. But I do not want to be forced to choose the Piplay version 1.2 … because it has too poor performance compared to 1.1.92.
So I ask to the pimax supprot to update exceptionally 1.1.92 including the support for VR Nolo.

Did you already tried nolo with 1.1.92? It doesnt work?

My nolo has already arrived but i had no time to try it out.

Hi Industria. Please, read my first post here. Is only 6 post ago. I have write: " …I spent 330 € for the pimax and 230 € for Nolo VR…"; “I hope that for the delivery of my Nolo VR everything will be resolved”. So, No. I don’t have never tryed Nolo VR with Pimax. But you can easly find that doesn’t work yet. Please, read Aureltouch post in this page. I received an email from Nolo VR that warned me that I would receive the tracking number between tomorrow and next Monday. So for now I can only hope that everything works well with the version 1.19.2 of piplay. After weeks my Pimax 4K work discreetly. I removed the filters to get the best colors, I added a foam mask, I finally found the perfect games and settings. I do not want to repeat the nightmare of experimenting with thousands of settings and games with other new versions of piplay, if I already know they work worse than 1.1.92. I do not understand why Pimax has abandoned the development of 1.1.92 and has choose to rebuild a new the development of less performing software with the 1.2. … . For copyright issues? To solve any compatibility issues? I can not understand why stubbornly with versions 1.2. … if it was seen that 1.1.92 was a good starting point. I hope to find that Nolo VR will work well with the 1.1.92. But many user say that it is not so. So please Industria, keep update this thread with any news about Nolo VR and Pimax!

Bad news, i’ve tried it with 1.1.92 and it doesnt work, at all. Steamvr keeps hanging or gives an error (308).
Basicaly that not only means we cant use nolo at this time as they have promissed to us, but also that means that old versions will be probably not supported so we have to say ‘goodbuy’ 1.1.92 and say hello deepon (or any other) once it will be released.

My nolo goes so far to ebay.

2 Likes

Honestly I feel it’s more NOLO’s fault than Pimax: NOLO promised it would work with Pimax.

However Pimax also advertised NOLO as a tracking solution several time on this board, so I also feel it’s their duty to fix it. And yes, as stated many times, we need v1.1.92 to work with NOLO.

1 Like

Well, i dont blame pimax, definitely not their fault. However i was expecting to purchase additional body tracker and nolo seemed to be a good solution. And after all that waiting time and expectations with promises and videos showing how it works - it doesnt work, so we have to wait again, so we have to switch to another version, and so on. I’ll rather try something different, as markt is evolving and offering more and more headsets every day.

Yeah agreed, that’s why I’ve ordered the DPVR E3. I doubt it’s any better though :slight_smile: But so far Pimax is really disappointing. This whole v1.2.x driver is still horrible and for reasons they can’t explain they’ve moved onto this, while everything was working just fine with the Steam renderer in v1.1.92. And then finally controllers hit the market and we can’t use them. It’s quite disappointing indeed.

Sad reality though is that Pimax is s till the only choice if you want a 4k display. We’re stuck :slight_smile:

This will hopefully change sooner than later and I’m not referring to no Pimax 8K…

When a chance is given and it’s squandered, recovery will be an uphill battle w/ competition looking to capitalize.

thank you for the news Industria. I hope that Pimax support will do something about this… i bought Pimax 4k only becouse i knew that Nolo VR would have added positional tracking to the Pimax HMD.
… hey Industria, i have see you comment here:

Nolo VR say that “They (Pimax) will release the new Piplay software for NOLO on next Friday.”
I hope now that the new piplay software will be AT LEAST as good as the 1.1.92.

Hi guys, I don’t understand, please explain it to me: if Nolo works well with Steam VR (meaning that controllers and basestation are corectly identified) than, why do you need piplay anymore , except running games for Oculus ?

All steam vr games run without piplay running, but with the headset driver installed, of course.

I think the problem is that both pimax and NOLO send gyro data to steam

Well, i was going to answer on mirq question and decided to try it once again. No idea what has changed, but i could run steamvr and even see how controllers are working.
Bodytracker however still not working.

update: well, nolo software crashes on purpose, sometimes it doesnt crash, it allows me to see controllers, however they are not calibrated and pointing in wrong direction. Trying to calibrate doesnt helps and only crashes nolo software. Bodytracker not working at all.

update2: turning off device sensors doesnt helps

1 Like

In piplay you can close the gyroscope.

Hmm I’m not aware of that, how do you close it ?