No Man's Sky - Buttons acting like they are turbo

I’m going crazy trying to figure this out. When I hit any buttons (like trigger, for example), my gun/tool/whatever it is keeps appearing and disappearing. Every button I hit acts like turbo mode on an old school controller. I’ve tried reinstalling steamvr & knuckles drivers, but nothing works.

Anyone else? Any thoughts?

I just tested with OG Vive wands and the Grip buttons seem to be the culprits, if that helps.

1 Like

Had the same problem. Set SS to 1.0 in Pitool. Soved the problem for me:wink:

1 Like

Thanks! While this wasn’t it originally, I did notice this same behavior afterwards.

For anyone interested, the fix for my original issue was Parallel Projections being off. With it on, the controls worked perfectly and I didn’t suffer from the overlaid grass bug. However, PP=On deteriorates my performance by about 33% (I go from holding 90 to barely keeping 60 frames.

In an effort to improve performance, I tried lowering SS in Pitools to .75 and it reintroduced the bug, which I fixed by sliding back to 1 as suggested by GertVR. Unfortunately, that still leaves me with atrocious performance.

1 Like

Is there a single game that works flawlessly with the Pimax headset…

2 Likes

Heck no, I was reminded of that when I grabbed the RiftS recently. Currently enjoying NMS.

1 Like

Elite Dangerous is quite good with my 8K. Assetto Corsa and the original Dirt Rally (using VorpX) is pretty good. Video is also good.

I’ve been disappointed with the other games I’ve tried (but I’ve only tried a few). Still, many of the problems with the other games seem to be issues with the game itself and aren’t really a Pimax problem (like the tiny text in Dirt Rally 2).

1 Like

I have been playing a lot of Defence grid 2 and it looks and runs very well . Defector is fun but a bit dark . But more than half my library (mostly Oculus) doesn’t run well and some not at all .

1 Like

Yes I am definitely thinking of getting an Oculus s as a back up . How hard to take is the FOV ?

Not to hijack the thread but I am curious, why are you using Vorpx to play DR1? It launches fine without it from Piplay.

3 Likes

Really? I did not know that. Thanks for the tip!

I was honestly surprised how I can get used to it again, yea it’s noticeable for sure as I’m big on FOV (no pun)…but, the RiftS screen is so clear and basically everything just works the way it should, no friction or bullshit trying to config a game performance or graphic wise. I forgot after having the 5K for 6 months just how much I missed that. It allows you to relax in the immersion and just enjoy the game. Also the new touch controllers are the missing hardware on the pimax, and it’s a big deal to have again.

I jump back and forth between RiftS and the 5K and the differences in hardware and compatibility are interesting to compare. The 5K tires me out sometime trying to config per game when al I want is to play…so I pick up the RiftS and just jump in. But mostly right now I am just diving back into half my library that was left idle waiting for controllers. Honestly once you’re into a game the FOV is for sure not the whole story. We forget that until you try another HMD. Right now until pimax delivers, this is my interrum solution. I also have a racing wheel, HOTAS and the xbox controller so of course there are great games I can still enjoy on the 5K, and I do. Going back, the FOV is shockingly wider and ultimately I’ll stay with pimax and the delivery of the ful package I paid for.

4 Likes

I have all those controllers too and I’ve resigned myself to playing seated VR games (which are generally quite good). I’m not sure if I’ll ever buy VR controllers, since my home office (where I play) is too small and too cluttered.

1 Like

My space is also quite small where the pc is located (like 4x3) :rofl: so I recently opted to pick up a 15ft extension for the RiftS that allows me to play in the larger room next to it. The total cable length with extension pushes 30ft and no LH’s to deal with since RiftS has inside/out tracking. The added play area is great. Really starting to dive into NMS and today another update/patch from HelloGames :+1::beer:

I’m still fully on board with the 5K+, but I’ve just resigned myself to spending more money recently (than I wanted to) on my VR “budget” in order to bridge the gap to full package release from pimax. My intent is not to spam or put down pimax by promoting the RiftS, but I highly recommend it (as secondary temp solution) if you have the budget and are on the fence to grab one while you wait for the rest of the kickstarter items to drop.

@neal_white_iii

1 Like

Here’s the original thread to set it up.
https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-to-play-dirt-rally-vr-on-pimax-8k-5k-without-revive-and-steamvr/18578

1 Like

I’m happy for you! Unfortunately, a 15 ft extension only reaches to a narrow hallway, tiny bathroom, kitchen, dining room, or staircase, none of which are optimal for VR. :laughing: I have considered drilling a hole in the floor and clearing an area in the basement (somewhat seriously), but then I would have to clean out the basement. While my wife would applaud the cleaning, I’m sure she would nix the hole in the floor.

3 Likes

With both cables linked it’s like 30ft in total…Perhaps The Quest might be an alternate consideration, since you can go wireless with Riftcat or whatever it’s called? I kind of regreted not knowing about this option on Quest after Jumping on the RiftS but the wireless fidelity is not always ideal I’m sure. Doesn’t Quest use a mobile processor? And in this case is it bypassed when streaming wireless from your pc, allowing you to stream pc spec games using your pc cpu and gpu?

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! 30 ft / 10 m is really not all that far. Honestly, I’m not all that interested in a non-seated VR experience.

It’s a lot more likely that I would get some sort of racing rig, like this one: https://arozzi.com/product/velocita/ , but I’m not sure how I can squeeze it into my cramped office. (I think it’s at least possible.)

Currently, I have quick-release HOTAS mounts for my chair, which is perfect for Elite Dangerous, which is my primary VR application: https://monstertechusa.com/product-category/flight/chair-mounts-flight/

True, wireless is indeed a possible option, once something’s actually available for a Pimax. I was strongly considering it anyway, just to get rid of the cables.

1 Like

now you have 2 active reasons to clean out that basement!

2 Likes

:rofl: LOL! Please don’t talk to my wife!

Also, money is a bit tight right now. (seriously, not kidding) A tree fell on our house and my car is in the shop waiting for a rebuilt engine to be installed and my wife’s car has now been to the shop twice in the last week, while we’re waiting for my car to be finished. (We don’t drive much, so we have 2 older cars.) We’ve been using Uber a lot.

3 Likes