New StarVR One H7102 to sell!

Will do tomorrow :smiley::+1: ! ( working today ) , have to get an iphone from my dad ( iphone 12 pro max) , since I am using Android ( one plus 8 pro 120hz smoothness for me is better than 60hz on iphone xD )

Ok no problem ! If you play games on smartphone it should be awesome :blush:

1 Like

Btw what is the ipd number for Sebastian from mrtv and VodooDe and NextGenVr :smiley: ?

…Sebastian is 64 IPD

1 Like

Did you ever find out why that demo looks so good? Is there some way to optimize for the headset?

Likely because is using all 4 cameras instead of 2. I don’t have the working file to see what they did unfortunately

Measured my ipd right now with the measure app from the app store . Got an ipd of 71 . My dad got 64 lol . My mum 70.5

Will the star vr one be undebatable then for me ?

Can you try again and tell me the near and far value please, is that the values with the app i sent to you ?

Well, I guess Djonko gave you his view on this:

1 Like

Will do today after work

You can just do it with a ruler and a mirror. From my experience it gives fairly good estimate (millimeter precision).

1 Like

With the app EyeMeasure from the app Store I got 71 . And near 68.8

Great ipd app btw :slightly_smiling_face::+1: very futuristic with the 3d face scanner .

Try with this:

Eye measure do not give me the right IPD.

1 Like

Will do after work xD

I figure this device is sold by now but I’m about to order one from starvr. My near ipd is 64 and far 67 using the referenced ipd tool. Sounds like I might be right on the outer edge of getting the most out of this lower res headset?

@VR-TECH what is your ipd? I understand you’ve spent a considerable amount of time with the headset and would love to hear your thoughts.

I’m not worried about things being blurry I understand that comes with this experience, taking off the headset and feeling cross-eyed is what I’m trying to avoid. Thanks!

Also for addition reference rift s was fine with my ipd, the reverb g1 I could not use

Hello,

Yes sorry that i did not indicate it.
In my opinion your IPD should be perfect for the Starvr one.

All good thanks Anri!

1 Like

You can purchase this one and is cheaper and no need to go through the process. Is located in Taiwan

https://shopee.tw/StarVR®-One頭戴式顯示器-i.21837383.8707147110?position=0

MY ipd on the headset shows as 59. The headset is good, I’m still using it for mockups. Is very comfortable to wear. Is not a gaming headset, but some games are playable. For wide FOV content is pretty good. But as we move into high res HMD’s the clarity from the new headsets are starting to outshine the wide FOV to a degree

64 ipd is the best measure to hit the sweet spot for the lenses

1 Like

Thanks guys. Its for 1 game that I understand it supports well (iracing)

Nobody asked but I want to say the really light weight combined with fov is what I’m going for. I race in a league with long races, its tough going back to cv1 from the g2 and 8kx but I do, bc even though things are more blurry I tend to have better races. The g2 I experience tracking issues that aren’t predictable. 8kx the intertia of the headset itself when I turn my head or drive over bumps is distracting and for races longer than an hr the weight gets uncomfortable regardless of counterweights, das mod, etc. I had a blackout at the end of a race on the previous 90hz beta and almost spiked the headset into the ground. No issues yet on the recent release.

The 8kx is getting better and better. This is a stopgap and for nostalgia bc I’ve always wanted this thing, and I think I’m unique in that I can bounce back and forth with cv1 and still appreciate it. Mainly for the colors and reliability.

But I do measure 67 in oculus manual ipd wizard, and usually have it set at max on most headsets so a little worried about that.

Thanks so much for the link @VR-TECH. Ill let everyone know how it goes!

1 Like