New StarVR One H7102 to sell!

Ha, not me thought, I’m still working with it with the Unreal Engine. But I am mainly prototyping with for a proof of concept mainly for wide FOV storytelling. The colors of the StarVR are amazing. The resolution is OK, is not terrible if you are not use to the high res newer units. But yeah, if you come from a Reverb to the StarVR you will be like WTF

2 Likes

haha that’s why I said, everybody who bought it for gaming :wink: For developing it could definitely make sense

1 Like

Hehe yeah, I think I may be the only one that actually purchased it for actual development. I may sell it a year or two from now though

1 Like

Will the star VR one be an uprade for me from my Pimax xr oled ? ( Playing half-life Alyx ) ?

The colors and FOV are better on the StarVR. Resolution is similar but the the SDE is more prominent on the XR. The sharpness is better on the XR for me because the IPD problem I have for having a small IPD.

There is no distortion on the StarVR One

2 Likes

I am gonna check test hmd tool and test the sharpness of my xr . Let’s see which line I can read from 5m . If the resolution/sharpness is almost similar (xr vs star vr one) , it wouldn’t be thaaaat bad as people say here because I am still enjoying playing with my Pimax xr .

Okay my results with the Pimax xr are that I can’t read the red line from 5m away at 150% SS and large fov . Pi tool 1.0 rescale and in app 1.37 res scale

Rtx 3090 , stable 82fps .

1 Like

While technically the XR have slightly more resolution, the Amoleds of the StarVR are RGB Oleds and the XR uses Samsungs Oled Pentile pixel layout.

There are three main hindering aspects.

1. Limited to the people with the right IPD (Lack of mechanical IPD)

2. Stack Lenses. While the stack lens help with the wide FOV without distortion, it defuses the image somewhat. They are not aspheric lenses but Fresnel, Aspheric would yield much better result, but good luck finding the size and right augmentation :sweat_smile:

3. Low resolution when compared to current gen headsets

3 Likes

Ok if you’re used to an XR you have a bit different frame of reference than I have :slight_smile: But still, man, I’d highly suggest to get the 8k-X. For gaming it’s really just much better. Ask anyone here who used to have a StarVR like @john2910 or @NextGenVR

3 Likes

Agreed, I’m way more immersed in the 8KX than I was in my StarVR One. FOV means very little when a huge amount of resolution is sacrificed. You need a well balanced headset and I was gladly willing to sacrifice 20 degrees of extra FOV for 4K resolution.

2 Likes

Should i understand by that i have to sell the StarVR one lower than the price of the 8KX ?

2 Likes

If I was you I’d put it up on Ebay. Your best bet is finding a programmer who needs such headset for a project.

2 Likes

I see, thank you Djonko for the advice!

1 Like

No no. The StarVR still have its uses. While the 8K X does have better res, the color fidelity is far higher on the StarVR. I have compared back to back different experiences and the The StarVR still better than the 8K x on different apps.

Yes, Ebay and Reddit (Virtual Reality) could help you with visibility

3 Likes

VR-TECH thank you. Reddit removed my post, i didn’t know but buying / selling is not allowed.

I haven’t test Pimax products so i cannot tell about but i searched a lot and those doesn’t seems to be so much good quality.
I totally understand that the resolution is not a good point on the Starvr one and that’s because i intend to sell it for sure below 2K but it’s hard to lower the price too much.

I just want someone to be satisfied with the product for the price because it’s hard for me to use it with my IPD.
Besides the quality and issues can you tell me how is the fov on the 8KX ?

Because i need professional products i think the only other option for good fov is Xtal but such a price… and the Xtal 5k is only 75hz so for me the 8K should be the good one.

1 Like

Try 2,300-2,500 first considering that you have a brand new unit. Also they are quite rare

I think Swiviver wanted one last year

3 Likes

Did you try the Unreal Demo with the soldiers in the street?. The Blu Looks great. Asgard Wrath looks better on the StarVR than the Pimax, but need a powerful GPU

1 Like

My ipd is around 68
I am always maxing out my ipd on the hmds I use .
The index felt fine with maxed out ipd (70 was it if I remember )
On the G2 if felt a bit uncomfortable because the ipd adjustment wasn’t as wide as on the index but I could still use the G2 .
On the Pimax xr I also maxed the ipd via the mechanicle slider build into the hmd ( to 72.4 ) , felt great .
But when I reduced it manually to 64 I felt eye strain .

That’s why I am really afraid getting the star vr one

Could you try this app and send me your values ?

1 Like

Yes i tried the unreal demo it looks great, i would have liked to try the foveated render with experiences like ZeroLight.