New PiPlay version 2.0.7 Beta is available for downloading

Did you get a fix for this? I am running into it now.

Quick question.
Is the renderer improved in this over 1.2.93 ?
Also the ipd ?
I havnt moved off that version as it fixed my drift issue and Iā€™m able to race in iracing with the Renderer at 1.5 and some in game tweaks and get a solid 55fps in a full race.

Iā€™ve backed the kickstarter for a 5k as Iā€™m thinking for race sims, the 90hz and improved res of the 5k will be plenty improvement on the 4K.

On the latest piplay version the render slider goes up to 3. Which I use but I do have a Gtx 1080ti. Also there is a brightness slider as well.

If you are happy with your piplay version I would wait until pimax can improve the ghosting before you upgrade. No point in trying to fix it if it ainā€™t broken!

Eno

1 Like

I think i have found out the way to fix this issue,please reply me when you are available.

Hello!
My Piplay 2.0.4.42 does not finish the process of updating to the latest version 2.0.5.46

Please, could you put a download link?
How could I correct that error that the process does not end?
Thank you

1 Like

Hi,friend,are you available now,i would like to assist you remotely.

1 Like

ok, I wait your instructions

Iā€™m waiting for new versions of piplay to guarantee AT LEAST the quality of version 1.1.92. Whatā€™s still missing?

1. a decrease in the fisheye effect: in the latest versions seem to me to be underwater. Images are too distorted.
  2. Decreasing blur effect when moving HMD: especially if you remove shutter glasses (the lenses that decrease blur and does other miscellaneous effects but worsen the colors), i notice a whole worsening of images when i look around. I know that the shutter glasses are an integral part of the Pimax 4K, but the fact that with the 1.1.92 version the overall blur was acceptable, while with the new versions it is extremely annoying it shows a total drop in Piplayā€™s performance.
  3. A significant increase of framerate in games: FPSs in version 1.1.92 were comparable to those of HTC VIVE and OCULUS RIFT. Iā€™m not saying that was the same because the Pimax display has a 60 Hz limit and the Oled screens mounted on the other HMDs has a 90 Hz limit. Now a comparison between the Pimax 4K and the most popular HMDs is impossible.
    What is missing from the latest versions of Piplay in general, letting go of old 1.1.92?
  4. a NOLO VR Optimization inside Piplay. The support of this hardware was guaranteed and has never been improved. Even today, my Nolo VR is closed in a box waiting for the Pimax to meet its commitments.
    I read the letter of apology concerning the communication mistakes made by Pimax for its new HMD. I think Pimax should apologize even with its first customers, those who bought the 4K, trusting their promises to improve the overall experience.
    Why at a distance of almost a year since 1.1.92 we still can not have a better Piplay?
1 Like

Piplay 2.x render is better than 1.1.92 save the increased ghosting. Try the newest version & see for yourself.

Its been this way since 1.2.93

what do you mean for ā€œbetterā€? In terms of FPS? The blurring is increased or decreased? The ā€œfisheyeā€ effect in version 1.1.92 is not there. Can you say the same for the latest version? Ghosting has increased or decreased? Iā€™m talking about a comparison between the programs without supersampling or with the same supersampling. Itā€™s strange but it takes me a few seconds to understand that version 1.1.92 is much better than the last one. How is it possible that you do not notice it?

Ghosting is the current issue in the new piplay as its increased compared to 1.1.92.

Even @Sjef & just about everyone else will tell you since 1.2.93 that the piplay render is better.
And you should know sj doesnā€™t compliment programming unless he sees it is better.

@Enopho has 2 1080ti setups & was using one on 1.1.92 & the other on the lastest Piplay.

can not downloaded.
can lay out a third-party link?

@Acaro
OK, as I actually have 2 identical machines except for the versions of piplay.
1# uses 1.1.92 - for comparison testing
2# uses what ever the latest piplay isā€¦ As itā€™s set to auto update when it finds a new one

I was a fan of 1.1.92 for a very long time as the fish eye and render quality of the newer piplay drivers just werenā€™t doing it for me.

Some of my biggest bug bears were
Fish eye view
Ghosting
Super sampling
Rubbish FPS
And the crappy Drifting
Difficult to make work when you want it to
Rubbish piplay software
Having to setup steamvr as well as games graphics settings
Having to run room setup EVERY time I want to use it

As 2.x piplay no longer uses steamvrā€™s super sampling you can actually turn it right down the same with a lot of the graphics settings in game and just increase the render slider in the PiPlay appā€¦ This helps with render quality and pretty much match 1.1.92 quality. my fps are usually about the same as 1.1.92 or only a few either side of it
The fish eye has virtually gone now. There is a very small amount if you really look for it but does not break immersion which for me is the ultimate goal.
The drifting has been fixed (one of my biggest hates of 1.1.92 along side ghosting)
Stability of 2.x is also much better, very rarely do I have to unplug /replug while tapping my head and rubbing my stomach just to get it working. Older versions of 2.x also had some issues of graphics clipping the edges of your game, this does not happen anymore. Admittedly I do use the PiPlay slider at the max setting of 3.0 but the 1080ti can handle it.

The only real downside I can see with the latest piplay version is the ghosting and @bacon has mentioned in these forums they are checking this out at the moment and comparing to 1.1.92 to see if they can get it as close to that version as physically possible.

Would I recommend it?
For me yes because the biggest improvement over everything was the drift fix! Completely changed my gameā€¦ So if you drift in 1.1.92 then most defiantly I would. If you donā€™t and are still happy fiddling trying to get it to work each time you want to use itā€¦ Then stay on the old version.

Just be aware that as pimax move forward they have already indicated that they are not working on any piplay version that is using steamvr compositor, but in the end it is your decision.

Eno

2 Likes

Hi,friend,i would like to assist you remotely.
please reply me when you are available,thanks.

1 Like

The auto update in Piplay is obviously broken, offering no other way to update is really ā€¦not clever.
I extracted the download-URL from Piplay using Wireshark:
http://piplay-us.pimaxvr.com/PiPlay_Setup_Upgrade_2.0.5.46.exe

1 Like

Hi,friend,sorry to hear that.
Can you upgrade the newest piplay version now?

1 Like

yes, updating works better when you are able to download the update :slight_smile:

1 Like

the link does not open
(((

I dont know whyā€¦ download link works just fine for me.