New nVidia drivers (441.87 - WHQL) are available with new Variable Rate Super Sampling feature

I also gave it a shot in some of the games, and didn’t notice anything mind-shattering… No difference when using “adaptive” but maybe a bit when using “on”.

Tried In Death and Sairento.

2 Likes

I actually tried the trick using nvidia inspector to enable it for asgards wrath and man did it have some strange game breaking effect. Or it could have been related to something else.

For some reason i couldn’t get steamVR to not open by itself.

And when in game it kept having severe frame drops and the screen would fade to black every time. kind of like it does in steamVR.
which is weird considering this is an oculus game running through PiTool.

anyway i turned it off. Maybe nvidia has to hand pick these games for a reason.

3 Likes

Heads up: I’m concerned about the stability of these drivers.

My system has been quite stable, until I installed these drivers. I had 2 crashes today, due to unhandled exceptions, while only running the Edge browser. It’s been many months since the last previous crash.

4 Likes

you may be correct, will need more observation

2 Likes

I had SteamVR crash a few times during testing Yesterday too. Not sure if it’s driver related though.

1 Like

Steam VR also pushed a minor updated a few days ago ( noticed it yesterday)

1 Like

Looks like VRSS isnt ready for primetime yet, probably why its not enabled by default

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.