MRTV's HP Reverb G2 through the lens video

Sebastian’s gotten the G2, he says it’s the best headset ever, so that’s going to be interesting:

10 Likes

accidentally on the “Pimax now” day at @SweViver # ? :wink:
it will be interesting to see who will gather more audience Today

8 Likes

Interested to see his impressions of G2, shame as usual about the FOV and that nobody else beyond pimax in the consumer price range is pushing for higher FOV’s yet. But very interested in this otherwise.

6 Likes

I had the old reverb for a short time and found the resolution awesome. The 8k was in the corner for a while. After my hype subsided and the reverb went back due to a defective cable, it was clear to me that I couldn’t go back from the Pimax FOV.

1 Like

My first impressions with this are truly amazing, let’s not exaggerate here. :slight_smile: Just received this device today and the video is just 2 minutes and not commented at all. Hope you get an idea of just how good this looks like. :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing!

10 Likes

Hehe well I’m a patreon and your video there is full of superlatives :wink: I know you get really excited when trying things for the first time but man, this looks promising

7 Likes

Did you see the thread for fixing object culling in HL Alex on Wide FoV headsets? Apparently may work on steamvr home as well.

3 Likes

Yes, you saw my very first impressions and boy this headset is really amazing.

6 Likes

Ok that video is pretty amazing indeed. Would like to see how it holds up against the 8k-X though.

2 Likes

that did look crisp, no denying that.

1 Like

hmm , maybe i should cancel my 8K X pre order then?

as i would prefer no base stations.

Unfortunately the G2’s FOV and resolution aren’t that impressive.

G2
2160 x 2160 per eye. (114 FOV).

The Resolution is on par with the X for it’s FoV. But yes the FoV is not that impressive still being goggles.

It would be interesting to see what the X’s res is in Small FoV to compare Res Numbers

6 Likes

Yeah for sure. I’ve pre-ordered both. On paper the G2 indeed has the huge disadvantage of small FoV. But FoV alone is not the whole story, at least not to me. It’s going to be interesting to compare them for sure.

3 Likes

if it doesn’t give me headaches I may well sell my 8KX and get one

2 Likes

Guess soon enough you will know if the improvements on the 8kX are as advertised and gives you the experience you were looking for in comfort of use.

4 Likes

Yeah good thing is that it looks that we’ll be getting a ton of forum review soons! Really looking forward to that

4 Likes

But most new headsets you try are “really amazing”. You need to have a scale of really amazing from 1-5 so we know how amazing they really are.

:joy:

20 Likes

It’s apples and oranges. Hard to compare.

G2 is in another price class, and has neither LH tracking nor Index Controllers (unless you use Dongles).

I am certain though, that it’s incredible bang for your buck. Unless Sebastian Ang finds something interesting except for what we already know!

P.S. @RobCram Yeah, while I watch quite a few of MRTV’s vids, I have also noticed that everything is always amazing / breathtaking. Don’t try to be a Keanu, Sebastian! :grin:

3 Likes

Every headset is amazing after many hours of
that sh t resolution of StarVr One
But, the strange thing is you are not saying: “Unfortunately”
because going back from Starvr One to Reverb G2
you should feel “Oppressed”
HP Reverb G2 is so “Binocular”…
Did not it ?