MRTV HP Reverb G2 Preview

Sebastian preview of the Reverb G2. A Pimax 8kx alternative?? Not for FOV junkies.

9 Likes

HE JUST SAID IT ( in the german live qna) :open_mouth:

8k X LOOSES AGAINST G2 BECAUSE OF THE PICTURE QUALITY AND COLOURS

Note : He meant 8k X preproduction Unit ( but am sure the colours will be the same since 8k plus was final and he said g2 WAY better .

I love pimax and I want them to succeed :pensive: PIMAX YOU NEED BETTER DISPLAYS

2 Likes

Thank you for the update it’s like a time machine. :+1:

1 Like

…and Better Lenses. Distortion is always for the lenses and a bad correction profile.

4 Likes

I do enjoy MRTV content.

3 Likes

It will still better than released X version. The FOV allows for more pixel density than the X. and will have better lenses than the Pimax. But the X should be amazing also

3 Likes

Ye thats true , but its crazy that g2 only costs 582€ via mrtv link

3 Likes

He also just said in the english video that the G2 production modellwill have 25% to 30% less brightness than the G2 pre-production model he did review. Also the new controllers were not working.

3 Likes

Impressive piece of hardware. Once I get my 8KX, depending on how happy I am, I might just sell for the G2 and a 3090ti instead. The 90hz, clarity, better colors, brightness, etc might be enough to sacrifice the FOV.

4 Likes

you can use index controller via hack

1 Like

No, that’s wrong. The 8KX still has higher pixel per degree / pixel per inch density than the G2. I have both ordered and I’ll see for myself. He’s overhyped stuff so many times, it’s getting … His English consists of superlatives and hypes, so he’s lost some credibility at least in that regard. I still think he’s independent, yes, but I know how he has conducted reviews in the past.

12 Likes

OK, but expect G2 will be marginally sharper or more clarity. I also expect both.

3 Likes

We will see :slight_smile: I am almost sure that its true

1 Like

The 8kx will have hand and eye tracking also which won’t be available on the G2.

3 Likes

Same here. Will decide afterwards which one makes it onto ebay :slight_smile: Now let’s see which pre-order gets fufilled first, 8k-x or G2…

2 Likes

Hopefully HP has learned a lesson and does not mess up the launch again like last time.

1 Like

The G2 native is 90hz and the X is 75hz. Only in up-scaled it will increased the Hz on the X which will lose quility of image. So The G2 has FPS edge over the X in native mode. hand tracking still not a mainstream feature to be exploited. The X should provide similar sharpness with better FOV to the G2 but with worse color rendition. It comes down to what is you prefer criteria of what makes a headset better

3 Likes

Fortunately colours can be adjusted software wise. Same like the microphone via APO equalizer. Why he is skipping these points, I don’t understand.

2 Likes

If the g2 would be wireless it would be a no brainer

1 Like

Because no matter how you adjust the colours on the pimax hmd they will never be as good as index or g2 because of the panel itself they use ( thats my guess

4 Likes