MRTV - CES 2019 Live: Trying Out The Pimax 5K OLED Version

Yeah but it’s becoming close with the clarity with the new pitools, and then other factors weight heavier to. Screendoor, colors contrast…
For me 8k clarity is as good as or better then all 1 gen headsets so that is no issue anymore

1 Like

After 3 minutes testing with 1 game “This is the best headset”. Come on Sebastian, I would expect better from you. That advice seems reckless.

16 Likes

Are there updated through-the-lens comparisons of this change?

2 Likes

no not yet. But @SweViver mentioned something to do a comparison video with the Oled version and the 8k as it is will be included as i understood it

1 Like

What he said was “that I have ever tried” and he has tried them all. It was his opinion and not presented as a review. Certainly, if you have watched his reviews you can’t take this as his final thoughts. Given what he says about blacks and colors popping, ghosting and even distortion, I can see why he offered the opinion. Not a review.

1 Like

Honestly I probably would have gone for the BE if it had been confirmed that the SDE was Vive Pro good. Some people were saying it was as bad as the og Vive’s! So hard to get a halfway decent account. Oh well, the 8k’s colours seem easily on par with say the Rift CV1s so never mind.

3 Likes

And the BE is not available yet , maybe screens are harder to come by , bird in the hand etc

2 Likes

@anon74848233 any idea when the BE would ship to backers?

4 Likes

Very curious as well. I got interest.

3 Likes

It’s a shame they haven’t managed to source some nice oled’s for an 8k(x) oled version.

2 Likes

they probably will before too long

I will e-Mail support and ask if I can change from switch 5K+ for 5K BE/OLED, backer number is 4084.

Is the Pimax 5K+ BE RGB OLED or Pentile OLED?

Pentile, if it was RGB OLED, the SDE would be the same as the regular 5k+

1 Like

Customised low persistence lcd display “CLPL Display”
If not wrong.

From the Pimax Store:

https://pimaxvr.com/products/business?variant=19913521496123

Its OLED for sure…Damn pimax and their jargon!!

2 Likes

My bad i thought he was talking about the 5k+

1 Like

It’s pentile though, right?

1 Like

On their website they say 8KBE has brainwarp support but not the 5KBE, and 5KBE has 15ms, is that true @anon74848233? We need more info or reviews of this model

1 Like