MRTV - CES 2019 Live: Trying Out The Pimax 5K OLED Version

11 Likes

Why don’t you tell us about the blurry text and the oled smearing like i saw at nyc backer meetup

He does. No smearing at all. Did You watch the video? :slight_smile:

He also says: “This is the best headset I’ve ever tried. Period.” - even though the SDE is on par with the Vive Pro i.e. a bit more obvious than the 5K+.

He does correct himself a bit later though: “This is the best PIMAX headset I’ve ever tried” :wink:

2 Likes

Now thats the thing… would it be worth to change from the 5k+ for a 200$ price difference… I mean, I saw the 5k+ and 8k and as a Vive user since 2 years the LCD didn’t bother me at all…

1 Like

there he goes again, now we must all get this headset :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

He was playing space Pirate trainer which is mostly black, it’s almost impossible to see black smearing on black

2 Likes

I am still watching. But he hasn’t mentioned the clarity. Says no latency, 83hz, no black smear. SDE is similar to the Vive Pro. Says the colour is popping and the best Pimax he has tried. Kinda of hard to speak ill of it when the CEO is standing next to you lol.

Will be interesting to hear more opinions.

2 Likes

Yeah, doesn’t matter to me anyway as I’ve pre-ordered the 5K+ and You can’t pre-order the 5KBE.

EDIT: The 5KBE is available: https://pimaxvr.com/products/business

That will “have to do” for me until next generation (coming from OG Vive I think it will!)… :smiley:

2 Likes

83Hz, right…?

Yeh my bad. Typo. …

1 Like

YES MRTV HAS TO TAKE IN THE FOUNDER ROBERT WENG PREFERS THE 8K this is so funny, i knew it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@neal_white_iii Looks like the business edition is taylor made fof Elite :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Everyone and their grandma will start questioning and re-examining their choice for which Pimax they want again. :smile: Analyzing the existential nature of screen door effects vs perfect blacks. I predict dozens of threads will spawn this week just on this topic alone.

12 Likes

Bring out the popcorn… :popcorn::grin:

5 Likes

You have to take it with a grain of salt :wink: if he gets exited it is good for the channel, keep your head cool and choos 8k like Robin :sunglasses:

2 Likes

But his name is Robin… :grin:

1 Like

I got the impression from everyone that the 5K+ was better in terms of clarity.

1 Like

oh haha edit…

1 Like

If his name is Robin, then Sebastian made an error by calling him “Bob” :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, the guy with the glasses is Robin Weng, the founder of PimaxVR… :grin:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robin-weng-1a0a6185

1 Like