MINI (Re)View 8K X - ARRIVED 07 September 2020

You were 50 spots in line behind me and got yours before me.

I’m glad you got yours, don’t get me wrong.

But it’s really effed up I must still wait for mine. Especially since I’ve been there in the first minute during the Upgrade. It’s pissing me off. What the hell is that.

1 Like

Logistics? LUCK, CHAOS :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::four_leaf_clover:
, I live near an airport that has lots of asian cargo traffic and an Amazon logistics center and so on. Sometimes that seems to speed stuff up. I press my thumbs yours will be there soon also.

:joy: Edit: could be the aura of my city also, remember? (just joking)

3 Likes

So happy you got yours MReis, but still it just proves that their statement about sending region wise is incorrect :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They did say backers first and your both backers. Though by region maybe not as there are a few in your region reported received.

4 Likes

Well being optimistic maybe it where two truck loads full of Germany or what ever region and I got lucky that mine fit in the first and yours will be there within a week later… Hard to tell without tracking and even then we can’t tell why it maybe didn’t fit on the plane or if mine was the last on Friday afternoon. I hope yours gets there very soon.!

3 Likes

I missed that lucky city - which is it? maybe I should move there to speed delivery up? :thinking: :grin:

4 Likes

It’s Trier
near the Luxembourg, French and Dutch Borders. Luxembourg Airport has the busy cargo area and Hahn.

2 Likes

I’ve been there once, beautiful place! I wouldn’t mind living there myself :beers: no wonder they might deliver there first :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yes, I have been around, but always loved coming back.

2 Likes

Anybody have some steam VR issues lately?
After hooking up the 8KX I have trouble starting steam. In most cases it starts up, but when switching games or shutting down steam and then trying to start it again steam VR just silently dies. I need to reboot then and them it will work in most cases. I tried going back from the latest 263 to 262 but nothing changed. PITool is happy and always shows the HMD and stuff all blue, the Pimax logo or planets scape are there if turned on, just steam VR does nothing.

I haven’t seen a problem. Have you enabled beta Steam versions? If so, you should try disabling that setting.

1 Like

There are a bunch of reports that the latest updates of windows / steam / pitool require that everything be updated to the latest version to be fully compatible. I would start there.

Minor note: i only run pitool when i need to run a game that needed parallel projections. Other than that it not running on my system.

3 Likes

No, I have not, just yesterday to see if it makes a difference - it did not.

2 Likes

Well all seems to be up to date (OS, GPU Driver, Intel Driver set and PiTool version (well went back to 262 to see).
Its strange - it feels like ti got somethingstuck somewhere… but I cant figure out what. well, we will see :wink:

2 Likes

Since you said a reboot fixes it, have you tried just stopping and restarting piservice?

3 Likes

Yeah, strangely that, and killing the process I saw from steam and pitool did not either, nor logging off and on.

2 Likes

I try in a few…just arrived home from work…:+1:

2 Likes

When I launch SteamVR with my 8KX and SITEK cyborg rumble controller connected, steamVR crashes 100%.

At that time, steamVR’s PIMAX and controller add-ons will be automatically disabled, and I will need to unplug cyborg rumble and re-enable all add-ons.

Something collides with the steamVR add-on.
Such cases exist in my environment.
If it helps.

2 Likes

Congratulations, MReis, for your 8KX!
I’m still waiting for mine to be send. Did you get a shipment notification by Pimax?
I’m also glad, that your cat loves the Pimax, that`s very encouraging regarding the quality of this product. :+1: :laughing:

3 Likes

Sometimes I do get a steam crash message in that steam VR window - but I haven’t changed anything on my system (except all the updates) since switching from + to X.
Only thing that was not as usual, when I plugged in the HMD I needed to rebind the index Controls and needed to do that a couple times because one was not found, I started then again with the other and every time the last one did not connect. A reboot or later it worked, maybe that already showed due to some software problems. I just wish I would see something in a log or config file to get a hint… Need to dig up the console commands again and see if I get something…

1 Like