Luke Ross Mods Discussion

Honestly its weird. I feel like since the 12k has been in development. Pimax has slowed the updates to a crawl.

PE is put on Hiatus, and we haven’t seen a meaningful update forevor. The firmware that auto bricks headsets has been an issue for months and radio silence.

1 Like

Yes, I called on Pimax to talk to us and got “we hear you, can’t talk right now, very busy - just hang on” while Luke also gets “ghosted”… I mean is the China lockdown that brutal?

Meanwhile Varjo is getting MSFS2020 DFR support.

I Love my Pimax, but come July I may take extra shifts to get an Aero (too)?

12K please don’t be case like Decagear! Hahah.

I can’t believe they would be silent with Luke.

1 Like

Nevermind - the display wasn’t foveated at all - it was the DLSS/TAA not getting a reference frame on the right and left sides due to alternate eye rendering. It just looked foveated.

1 Like

im using a x360ce it aint perfect cause it emulates an xbox controller but its more fun than using the controller to drive,made a video of what i did for someone cyberpunk wheel hook up - YouTube depends on the wheel

1 Like

Combining them would be MAGICAL. But VRPerfToolkit only seems to work with SteamVR games for me- and Luke had to go to Oculus since Pimax ghosted him!

I worked with fholger directly for some time trying to get Oculus games (on Pimax) to benefit from VRPerfKit but he got frustrated with the fact that Pimax used multiple Oculus libraries.

He hasn’t worked on VRPerfKit in over a month, so I guess we’re screeewed! CHOOMBA!

1 Like

OMG your video is genius! I just dragged my wheel outta storage!

yeh good vid! i’m surprised there isn’t a simple mod to use a steering wheel like what u get in gta 5 for example, i use a G29 wheel in that with a mod with lukes vr mod.

oh yeah that mod is amazing,feels damn native with rumble too and no dead zones issues,but gta v is far far more modable than cyberpunk,even i made a gta v mod with 50k dls called blood and decals diversity.

Just seen your gta mod…lol…gruesome! Looks cool.
I’ve played lukes cyberpunk, rdr2, horizon, gta vr mods and i still enjoy gta the most.

yeah it aint that demanding as those cause its a ps3 game,wish it was ported to the new framework tho luke said he will port it soon.

What we need is a mod for CP like the Manual Transmission Mod for GTAV.

Im looking into learning modding to try to make it so that pushing the Brake actually stoos the car instead of going in reverse.

Having a dedicated button to shift into reverse and then use gas to back up woukd be much better.

thatl be great but its proly hard

@PimaxUSA Luke on his patreon “I found the exact point where pi_server.exe (a component of PiTool) messes up the alpha calculation for the overlay layer, i.e., the root cause for the Pimax black square of infamy :stuck_out_tongue:
Release 3.2.2 attached below pre-corrects for that bug, allowing you to enjoy RDR2 and the other games with your Pimax headset. The thin black line at the outer borders of the HUD unfortunately remains, as it can’t be pre-corrected.
I hope that when the lockdown in China relents, the Pimax engineering team will roll up their sleeves and actually get around to fixing their bugs, because it’s unfair toward the majority of my Patrons that I should waste so much development time tracking down and working around a plethora of vendor-specific issues that Valve and Oculus have never had, or solved years ago. Maybe it’s just me, but I believe that when your market is a niche inside a niche, and your headsets command a high price and are mostly intended for power users in search of the best possible experience, your software should be more robust and performant than the competition’s, and not the other way around!.” COME ON PIMAX work with the man ffs,the bugs proly aint even with his mods only and even if it is the countless hours his mods provide is well worth it,8kx works soooo much better since he got the test unit but it could be literally perfect.

4 Likes

HOLY COW!
good find!

:flushed:He sure told them! Fix your bugs!..

1 Like

Now has even that black line bug fixable with hex edit. That’s nuts.

Say again? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

They all but verified that PE is dead during tonight’s AMA

Yea! Luke ross added time control to the mod! Take that Vorpx!

That sounds pretty cool! So you get to use something like bullet time in Max Payne?