Luke Ross Mods Discussion

can we try these on pokemon ?

Sorry but I don’t know.

My NOLF2 mod is available for free at GitHub - LukeRoss00/nolf2-real-mod: R.E.A.L. mod - VR conversion for No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way

There is no dedicated support for Pimax though, it used an embedded copy of Revive to run on headsets other than Oculus (GitHub - LukeRoss00/nolf2-real-mod: R.E.A.L. mod - VR conversion for No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way)

2 Likes

Nolf2 was his the first @LukeRoss mod. I wonder if all of the improvements he made since then could make its way back to NOLF2.

Is there any other mod for Nolf2 that makes it look better? Like an HDProject?

Just have to say, I just played your Cyberpunk mod and damn! I cant get over how good the performance and visuals are compared to the vorpx mod.

I purposely went to the opening bar level for the streetkid path, and its so smooth on Quest 2 via link.

I havent tried yet with the Pimax I will soon.

One question I have is I noticed that your mod seems to include reshade?

Can I just drop shaders into the folder and expect them to work?

I would really like to try some of the visual shaders to get the sharpness up.

Excellent job, this mod lived uo to my expectations and exceeded them.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words @drowhunter ! Some problems with crosshair alignment have been reported with Pimax headsets, I will fix them ASAP.

My new modding framework is indeed based on ReShade; it can accept all normal ReShade presets and effects, and apply them correctly to the eye textures in VR. Just copy over your “reshade-shaders” folder from a normal installation of ReShade (don’t install another copy of ReShade itself in the CP2077 directory, as that would create a conflict).

4 Likes

How do you prevent the Zoom out to flat screen when Aiming @LukeRoss ?

I’m impressed with it, cant believe i’m getting 90fps even in complex scenes but thats what fpsVR tells me?!

Edit: fpsVR is wrong, according to the mods fps counter i’m getting near 60fps which seems about how it feels.

1 Like

Yeah FPSVR counter doesnt seem to move from maximum. It probably needs a patch to work with AER.

The Real mod FPS is off because if i move the screen to my 120hz monitor the framerate uncaps from 60

i set my 8kx to 90hz and my framerate hit in the 70’s.

Either way the same location in Vorpx I was getting less Fps and the way Vorpx does AER is less smooth or natural like his prediction algorithm is not as tight.

Its funny because according to Ralf he never considered adding AER to Vorpx because he though the quality was unacceptable. Then Luke did it and everyone loved it and now Ralf changed his tune.

Just a heads up that the latest version of the cyberpunk mod has now fixed the interface issues with item and stat info screens not showing up. This thing is incredibly addictive…played about 18 hours over the weekend.

2 Likes

Cool,

my only issue now is…do i pay for 1 more month? or cancel today and cut myself off from future updates and fixes.

Kind of a crap situation.

I would prefer if he would simply sell his mods per game with one time purchase and access to updates.

Or even better since all of his mods are now rolled together as part of the R.E.A.L installer, that he just take Vorpx’s business model of one time purchase for all future mods for $50

As it is I basically paid for January for no reason.:thinking:

1 Like

https://www.patreon.com/posts/52004646

1 Like

Yeah, I know what you mean. I would actually be cool paying monthly for what he is doing because I really do value the work that he is producing and love that he is able to devote full time to doing it because of the amount he makes from patreon, but I just can’t financially afford to keep it up all the time. I think I will keep March though because I expect there will be quite a few more updates this month, including a fix for the pimax aiming reticle alignment issue.

I’d be surprised if he changed his model now though, because he is doing very well with the current setup and a one time fee would not generate anywhere near the same amount on a continual basis. He then wouldn’t be able to do this full time which would be a real shame

1 Like

Uh, he continued to update everything and I imagine worked quite hard to do so. I don’t get this thought process where you pay an amount and think you have free service until the end of time for his type of ongoing effort.

Key phrase is he provides an “ongoing effort”. If the effort was static, had little or no ongoing efforts I could understand your thinking.

The shifting sands of regular updates for these AAA titles and the drivers for the headsets they operate on cause a huge amount of update effort that can break things on a moments notice.

2 Likes

I know, I read it and I get it.

I am totally willing to donate up to a certain amount , because I realize its not a full time job.

I’m also willing to bet that if the monthly was $5 month you’d probably have even more subscribers and thus more reach.

I’m mean it’s not really that much of a stretch considering thats how most software works. Imagine buying Elden Ring and then having to pay $18/mth for patches.

I do acknowledge that he is not selling software like Vorpx is, but rather it’s more like you’re describing is MASS. (Mods as a service)

I actually support quite a few Patreons.

The monthly bill is really adding up.

Notice Raicuparta , he had a pay what you can afford model and he has created some of the most complex mods such as The outer wilds, Firewatch, Risk of Rain, Praey for the Gods.
Also his mods eventually go free, so if you want the latest and greatest you pay monthly for it.

Im not sure if the R.E.A.L. mods outside of GTAV will ever go free.

As I said a few months ago I totally support an modders right to make money, but maybe different tiers for those of us who are financially constrained.

Yeah I was thinking the same, the mod really is pretty incredible. I need to be a bit conservative when it comes to the pocket book though. Maybe cancel VR Trend magazine as it’s just as expensive and the news is outdated before it’s even printed.:laughing:

I’ll be trying the new version for CP77 very, very soon! I’m cautiously optimistic!

1 Like

which version 3.0.4?

Yes, I’ve just joined his Patreon and plan to try the 3.0.4 version I guess (that seems to be the latest one).

@LukeRoss I’m very excited to see that you are basing this on ReShade. I’m assuming the 5.x release? In theory that might allow you to include support for SuperDepth 3D / VR, as that’s come such a long way over the years. I currently use it with Virtual Desktop for certain titles that simply work or look better that way than with vorpX’s Z3D solutions (rare, usually vorpX is better, and it’s always faster than the SuperDepth+Virtual Desktop method, but still on rare occasions SuperDepth just looks much better. Seems to depend quite specifically on the game engine).

Anyway, I ramble. My point is, basing that on ReShade, in addition to possibly allow you to optionally access a faster 3D method than G3D or AFR, will allow us to fix so, so many games that are functionally broken out of the box with awful stuff like TAA as the only AA solution, or fake “HDR” game engines where “HDR” just means brutally crushed blacks and totally blown out highlights.

I’m excited to give this all a try. Please see my post on your Patreon page about my failure to understand the your 1:1 resolution suggestion. I’m utterly baffled by that and would feel better if I understood it :joy:

1 Like

Love that Pimax is working with him.