Luke Ross Mods Discussion

Hmm…

It might not be so crazy mathematically.

The Crystal is like $1500.

Even with the trade-in the 12k is $ 2400-$1000=1400

The benefit to the Crystal is that you get the insane 45 ppd and you get to keep your 8kx when you crave the FOV.

Not gonna lie, it’s tempting.

However…

If the Crystal is great at 35ppd every time you switch to the 8kx you will think,

I wish I could have both. FOV + PPD

Then the regrets will sink in.

Reminds me of a quote I heard…

Don’t rush to get what you want right now, wait to get what you want most.

4 Likes

It works out a little cheaper for me…crystal is $1599. There’s $100 off coupon for “being a pimaxian” then i get another $300 off for helping out when pimax were doing their website error checking (a bunch of us were doing this). So $1199.

On top of the price i’ll have to pay shipping, say $50, UK VAT @ 20%, import tax @ 10%. So (1199+50) x 1.2 x 1.1 = $1649 x whatever the exchange rate the $/£ is. Right now it’s about $1 = £0.9 so that’s £1484 total price.

It’s alot of money to me especially as i’ve only just bought a 4090, plus the rest of my pc needs upgrading before the 12k is released. The crystal is only a $30 reservation and is easy to cancel. If roadshow feedback is not good then i’ll cancel, if it is good then i’m glad i got in earlier with my reservation than some others who will buy it on the strength of feedback/reviews etc.

I still want a 12k but i think it won’t be released until the end of 2023, maybe 2024. I could be enjoying a crystal for the best part of a year before the 12k is released. And like u say i can also get my fov fix from my 8kx during that time…but i’ll be making sure my 8kx is kept in tip-top working condition ready for the trade in. Don’t want it breaking down like my last 1 did!

2 Likes

Looks like Beardo got a 4090 as well and he knows how to use it. (cheeky :wink:)

2 Likes

So , I jumped into Cyberpunk again on the Pimax and there’s so much wrong.

The menus and load screens are misaligned like they are too close

Also on Normal FOV I was getting like 20fps on low.

Keep in mind this is on a 4090.

Dropping to small frame rates jump back to mid 80’s.

I’m on 1.61 but I also tried with a backup of 1.60 with 8.2 of the real mod and it’s the same.

Can someone confirm whether they are having no issues running the mod?

3 Likes

Hey maybe you’re having the same issue as me with my 8KX? It sounds like.
It’s like the left and right view is not quite aligned and are too close in menus.
Actually playing the game it seems ok. I’m getting 60 fps in Normal fov (I have the 8KX set to 60Hz refresh rate).
I’ve messaged LR via Patreon about it

1 Like

For me the menus are also wrong and to close(i close one eye to get past them lol,because i like the game to much)

I play on normal too,how can i see the Fps?But i think i get 90… But the only thing that enoys me the most is the ghosting… But the game is a blast,i hope luke ross can fix those things

1 Like

Press the Pause key, it’ll show you the R.E.A.L. VR mod menu, fps is shown there.

1 Like

There i see 90fps…

1 Like

if you have some performance headroom then maybe try experimenting with the mods hud “adjust resolution” bit.
i’ve just been experimenting with it. by default it was set at about 20 ppd, i was able to turn this up quite alot (I went to 35 ppd and stopped there), it looked sharper and was still hitting my 8KX’s refresh rate.

i was totaly wrong i turned on fps ingame with the mod… i am only having 50-60 frames… thats on my rtx4090

What cpu u have?

The game is acting weird,when i rebooted the game i was on 90fps again till i turned around sometime the fps was going to 50 a 60…

But now i did set the pimax on 75hz the fps is steady with alot settings on high and normal field off view.

Also i did set in the vr mod menu the reshade on hdr(fakehdr) and adaptive sharpening…in game resolution on max.
Now i only wish we hadnt had that ghosting,for the rest its amazing…

You know what else? So you know when you first start the game, the load screens.

when I rotate my head to the left the load screen rotates the opposite way, and vice-versa when i rotate my head to the right.

Does it do the same for you ?

can I ask what pitool and firmware you are using?
that might help @LukeRoss narrow down the issue.

UPDATE:
My Firmware is V2.1.255.299
Pitool 1.0.1.283

I rolled back to
Pitool 1.0.1.280 and everything is perfect again. Pimax changed something.

1 Like

Something is going on weird with the performance. I was getting 80-90 easy on my 3080Ti. 4090 shouln’t have these low framerates especially with RTX off and everything on low.

1 Like

Yes i get this too. The HUD when actually in the game feel a little off too for me, compared to Quest 2.
I’m using pitool 1.0.1.283 and firmware 2.1.255.299.

Edit: i just seen your edit, so pitool 280 is ok? Ah so it’s a pimax change causing this. I’m unsure if 280 causes black dots in msfs so unsure to rollback.

1 Like

Not sure about that, but since I am actually playing Cyberpunk right now, I rolled back for now.
I actually have win 10 and win 11 installed as a dual boot so I can flip back and forth easily.

BTW Pimax this issue is also present in the newest Pimax PC Client.

1 Like

I rolled back to 280, CP menus etc fine, and did that hex editor thing to edit pi server.exe to get rid of the black lines in msfs. All sorted. Thanks.

@PimaxQuorra @hammerhead_gal there’s a bug or something in pitool 283 and latest Pimax PC Client that makes the menus/loading screens all wonky in Luke Ross’s mods.

2 Likes

I need to try this too… thx… But how we fix microsoft flight simulator?

Maybe i am cpu bound with my i9900k in some places in the game…

Indeed pitool 280 fixes the menu in cyberpunk vr mod…

I have a another strange problem… the game starts with good fps,but when i walk and turn around it goes down to around 45 out off the sudden and stays bad… very strange!