Looks like 3080Ti has just been announced

It’s not so pretty when she got beaten by another girl, the 3090 lol.

To be honest, I do not see a very substantial difference at all. But I have not tested it enough yet

1 Like

Games Nexus did a good review on this.

And he pretty much confirmed MRTV’s results.

The 2080Ti wasn’t in his benchmark suite but I use the 3070 as its equivalent. The 2080Ti jump to 3080 is on average 40-50% faster.

The jump from 3080 to Ti is like 8% average.

8% performance at 70% the price

2 Likes

but in real, the 2080ti, is only 5-10% behind in non-dlss games. the oc3070 is 10% slower than the oc 2080ti

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

:rofl: I’m pretty sure about it. Of course you should also know about what you do and not be a technical beginner .

Look, of course, a 380Watt 3080 is 30% faster then a 270W 2080ti.
But, a 380watt 2080ti (Bios-Mod) has nearly the same performance as the to 390watt max overclocked 3080 :wink:

My own Turing card, for example, is nearly at 3090 stock level.

2 Likes

How did you mod the bios on your 2080ti?

So should I return my 3080ti?

Nooo! the 3080ti is fine. My turing is a titan :wink:
But all this video guys on youtube tell you, a titan is slower then the 2080ti :joy: on stock, shure.

For the 2080ti you can find a lot Bios Updates, up to 420Watt, but you need realy good water cooling.

2 Likes

I was talking stock. Also is that mod safe on stock cooler or are you rockin a @DrWilken gpu block on tubes?

20xx runs Stock @70%, 30xx @95% Thats the big different. xD
Modding only under water!

The 3080ti is a terrible value, I think everyone knows and can see that. Had there not been a global pandemic combined with a high demand of crypto mining I think we would’ve seen this guy for $999 or maybe even $899. Nvidia came out of the gate with the 3080 at $699 which indicated at the time that they were getting more in sync with the pascal generation so to speak.

Anywho, I wouldn’t recommend the 3080ti to anyone except for people that have a 2080ti, 3080, ect that can flip their card and basically trade up performance at little to no actual out of pocket cost. Which is what I intend to do. The 8% performance gain is still something I’d like to have. I view the jump from 2080ti to 3080ti as getting like a free parallel projections tax of sorts.

3 Likes

If 3080’s werent so hard to get I might consider flipping my 2090Ti.

Hard to believe that I can flip it for near retail value right now due to the situation.

I remember when 3070 and 80 were first announced…
they made all of us 2080Ti owners feel like fools.

To all my friends

@heliosurge @SweViver @neal_white_iii @Axacuatl @MrAhlefeld @Octofox @risa2000 @drowhunter @PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA

Soon i will join the Pimax 8K X club

Just in time for 90hz, Sword Controllers and Dmas Fidelity

The courier has my 3080 TI: it’s coming

So these are the SPEC of my Pc for Now

Motherboard GigaByte VISION Z490 D
This is the motherboard of musicians (Good latency and clean audio ?)
This is also the motherboard for Hackintosh build
Yellow usb Port for VR
It was used for Varyo-1

CPU Intel 10850KA 10 core 5.2 GHz
Ka are selected CPU from Intel
This is a compromise between 10700K and 10900k
Where 10700K cpu are stable but sometimes (some chips) 10900k are too hot and give issues

Cooler Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 II + MX-5 Thermal Paste
240 for compatibility
I have bought if from the manufacturer in germany when it was in stock:(last revision)
Fans do not have leds: they have more pressure than others
IT has a little fan to cold vrm on the motherboard
MX-5 is new and is the most famous thermal paste

RAM 16 Giga Teamgroup dark z fps 4000mhz C16
Again spreader without Led
I have been sold from their spot +20% frame/seconds :slight_smile:

Asus 3080 TI TUF OC at 1785 mhz
2 current cables = less risk heat dissipation
I am free to put this board in my old case HAF X with 25 cm lateral fan

Corsair AX 1200
Orb jumping on the keyboard
Mouse 3D
Sound 3D

7 Likes

Congrats Fabrizio! Look forward to hearing your impressions with your new beastly system.

:beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

Yes, congrats! That system should work well with an 8KX.

It’s interesting that people now specify “no LEDs”. I just get whatever part best fits my needs, irrespective of whether or not it has LEDs. Result: I have a black slab of a tower case with no windows (12 years old). It’s filled with good, but somewhat-dated hardware: i7-8700x, 32gb, 2080, 1TB NVMe, 2TB SSD, new 850W power supply, all air cooled. Open the case: There’s a disco light show! :partying_face: I’ve tried to minimize the wasted light, but not everything can be turned off.

4 Likes

Same for me :wink:

9 Likes

Nice rig! That case does look a lot like mine.

3 Likes

Wow nice, I love the windows! Dope room!

3 Likes

Windows 10 is pretty nice.

1 Like

Hi Fabrizio,
is it possible for you to give me the timings 2/3 when you have your RAM and your new PC is working stably as desired. have fun with the new machine.

here again a look at the innards. the ulcer has grown in this way over time

3 Likes